The Spirited Back Nine ...

Smiddimizer

It's legitimate. Looks like the Speedway and the Rocket Jets are out, Small World is moving to a much grander spot to make way for an Alice miniland, and Dumbo looks to be moving too. Can't tell what the rest of the new stuff is.

This is such a given, but...right there's the difference between 4 billion dollars in Tokyo, and 4 billion dollars in Orlando.

Awesome.

ParentsOf4

This is such a given, but...right there's the difference between 4 billion dollars in Tokyo, and 4 billion dollars in Orlando.
Even the way money is spent in Orlando, $4 billion in growth capex would have a transformational effect at WDW.

$4 billion invested at WDW in brick-and-mortar improvements (along the lines of what was done at DCA) would result in a WDW Renaissance.

The frustrating part is that $4 billion represents roughly 25% of Parks & Resorts total annual revenue. Spread that $4 billion out over a manageable 6 years and it represents less than 5% of Parks & Resorts annual revenue.

Since Iger's P&R capex budgets have averaged a miserly 14.4%, that still would keep P&R's total capex under 20%. Slightly aggressive but easily achievable given corporate Disney's tremendous financial resources.

Disney's biggest problem would be trying to figure out where to put all the guests who would flock to WDW. (Time for a 5th Gate? ;))

We can dream. :)

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I flat out don't get why anyone would go anywhere near TSFKaDD right now. I went twice once last Wednesday and again on Sunday for lunch. First time wasn't so bad because ... well, I know the area and I know to not park across the street when plenty of parking exists where it always has. Same thing on Sunday, but the backups and crazy drivers on Buena Vista Drive ... UGH!!! ... Someone at Celebration Place please use a Walt quote to describe the mess of a construction zone that your mall is and I'll have my fanboi minions take a baseball bat (congrats to the Giants!!!) to your knees.

BTW, in case you didn't know or couldn't guess, but construction has fallen behind schedule. They can't even get a 'Food Truck Park' open.

it's a friggin' mess. You can't get there from here. We went shopping on our last day and just to get to the West Side is a connundrum. WDW would probalby like to know I didn't spend nearly the $$ that I was planning on spending at DtD.

Next Big Thing

Two years in a row. Different actor (doesn't do it as well, tho original a friend so I'm biased). And "2065" changed to "2075."

Just keeping you honest. I agree it feels lazy, and way too inside--like much of the show this year--but the writer says he plans to keep it in every year until Pandora opens.
That's mostly my point is that it feels a bit lazy - not that it isn't funny.

I mentioned in a previous show that I saw the show again last night and got a good chuckle at it. And i've heard the same thing about using it every year until the land opens.

While that may have been a pretty deep inside joke that pretty few TRULY understand (like the main plot itself), it did get a lot of laughs.

What I do find interesting that they used for the show was the guy from Captain Phillips. He was consistently funny - but I feel like not a lot of people actually saw Captain Phillips. It was just kind of like, "Black guy with a gun and an African accent - laugh".

RSoxNo1

It depends if Disney does a clone of Radiator springs in terms of how much cheaper Carsland would be at DHS. There been rumors in the past now that it isn't likely radiator Springs would be in the DHS version of Carsland. DHS would get a Cars ride that isn't in the DCA version instead.

DHS should be saving money also from Toy Story Playland based it be a "clone" of Disney Studios Park and Hong Kong Kong Disneyland versions of Toy Story Playland. Toy Story Playland is cheap land to begin with.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the new Trackless Flying Tires also find there way to DHS.
Assuming Toy Story Playland, mini Cars Land and Star Wars it's not unreasonable to 7-8 new attractions at DHS. It's also not unreasonable to expect all but 2 of those to be B tickets. It also doesn't sound like whatever trackless ride is in the works falls into the Toy Story, Cars or Star Wars themes so that may be an additional attraction.

BrerJon

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/blog/pr141030/?adpcnt=7uK_2Ulc

The picture above is correct. New Fantasyland will replace Grand Prix Raceway and Star Jets. Basically, Fantasyland will now start to the left of Space Mountain. Also, a new port for Tokyo Disney Sea is being studied and will come before 2014, along with various upgrades to the parks.

Thanks for the link.. I just read the article with Google Translate, and boy, does the OLC 'get it' or what?

The concept art looks pretty fantastical in its scale though. It looks like Frozen and Beauty and the Beast, I think (presumably a clone of the area in NFL) will be taking over the Speedway track, but then what are they planning for the Small World plot? That's an immense piece of land, but the mini Wonderland attraction in the space where the entrance to Small World seems to confirm it's moving or closing.

I wonder how safe Toontown is? It sits right between the Small World site and the Speedway. I hope they don't close it, but if they did they'd have a *huge* area to work with.

Last edited:

Disneybear

Meaning having money potentially slashed from plans for a park that hasn't even officially been given the thumbs up yet.

Is it possible that Universal may be thinking of abandoning the idea of a third gate, and cannibalizing the plans they had for a 3rd park by sticking them into the existing parks on expansion pads?

BrerJon

Disney Springs Frozen dance party where Let it Go is EVERY song for the entire 34 minute show. Problem solved.

All included in the price of the Disney Dancing Plan, a new ticket upcharge that lets you prepay for access to all the new attractions across property (and by new attractions I mean dance parties) and a themed cupcake*.

* Cupcake to be removed from the plan next year

BrerJon

I'm not talking about the "fan community". I'm talking about all the "casual" Disney fans who are going to ask,"why aren't we getting THAT"?

I just don't think the news will make it across. The casual fans barely know Tokyo exists, and TWDC does its very best to keep it that way and censor information about the outside world, as the last thing they want is people comparing things.

It reminds me a little of North Korea. Those who only know WDW are told how wonderful and magical everything is, whereas those who take a look at the global parks see the bigger picture and realise what a bum deal those guys are getting.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

I just don't think the news will make it across. The casual fans barely know Tokyo exists, and TWDC does its very best to keep it that way and censor information about the outside world, as the last thing they want is people comparing things.

It reminds me a little of North Korea. Those who only know WDW are told how wonderful and magical everything is, whereas those who take a look at the global parks see the bigger picture and realise what a bum deal those guys are getting.
We'll have to see what happens when OLC post concept art for Arrendale, but it's not a matter of fans following TDR or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom