The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

Oh, sure, make fun of us...
But, tomorrow night when we're all suffering from a mind-and-body-numbing 48 here, you'll be sorry...!!! :mad: :bored:

bundle-up.png

:joyfull: :D ;) :)
Everytime I see a picture like this I think "I hope I don't have to pee!" :hilarious:

MOXOMUMD

Mousekeeping tip envelopes are all done!
One trip we had just returned to our room (on the second day) and there was a nice young guy as our Mousekeeper still cleaning our room. We were just picking up our mugs and heading to the food court. The guy was telling my daughter he liked the Happy Meal toys she had in the window and he likes to eat there.

Later that evening we were stopped at the light by the All-Star McD's and saw that MK guy crossing. We just happened to be going to DTD (back when the McD was still there) so we popped in and bought gift certificates to leave every day. On our last day of mousekeeping we were left a very nice note from the MK saying he and another enjoyed them very much and he got a coffee and sandwich a few mornings with them. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
You had a balanced attitude, and understood the dynamics of dealing with the public. There will always be situations that test your resolve, but usually if you're upbeat and positive, your day turns out much better. I think the key point you made is to not "write off" a person, because they don't necessarily respond in a way that you prefer. People are complex beings; and most of the time, we can find some sort of common ground with our fellow man/woman to all get along.

Your comments above should be xeroxed, and handed out to every sales associate, as part of their new employee customer service training.

My DD had a trying time this week at work. She was called to deal with a patron lifeguards were having issues with. The warm water pool (they have 4 pools) is subdivided into thirds. One swimming lessons, one special needs adult group lessons and open swim.

An elderly man and wife were in the middle of the special needs swimming lessons and parked up against the wall that these young adults tend to need. Despite being asked they refused to budge. My DD kept trying to move them to another 1/3 but insisted his wife (open swim) needed that particular wall too,while wife kept saying we are done anyhow lets go. Finally they left and the man followed her into her office with the wife standing outside of it. He would not let it go. As my DD explained this group had learning and physical needs and come once a week, the wife felt worse and finally went to change while the dude kept up his tangent for another 15 minutes.

DD came home and said she needs a career 'cause these people are nuts and they can't pay her enough to deal with stupid.

StarWarsGirl

@StarWarsGirl95 , does your college have any festive activities or fun decorations up for Halloween?
Probably in the student areas, like the main eattery and student exchange areas, but I don't use those buildings since I commute and don't eat on campus. The other campus, which is the "green" campus, probably has decorations, and normally I'd be over there today, but my afternoon class got cancelled.

School of Business does not. Students aren't allowed to decorate in there. No posters, nothing on the walls. The philosophy is to immerse us in the business environment from the begining, so other than the basement, no posters, decorations, nada.

seahawk7

One trip we had just returned to our room (on the second day) and there was a nice young guy as our Mousekeeper still cleaning our room. We were just picking up our mugs and heading to the food court. The guy was telling my daughter he liked the Happy Meal toys she had in the window and he likes to eat there.

Later that evening we were stopped at the light by the All-Star McD's and saw that MK guy crossing. We just happened to be going to DTD (back when the McD was still there) so we popped in and bought gift certificates to leave every day. On our last day of mousekeeping we were left a very nice note from the MK saying he and another enjoyed them very much and he got a coffee and sandwich a few mornings with them. :)
That is very nice. Some of my favorite memories at WDW involve experiences like this. My babies are growing up: DD soon to be 20 and DS is 15. We have many fond memories of WDW and it makes me sad to know our Disney vacations are changing. Who knows? I might end up going solo in 4-5 years. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom