BC v. YC

aw14

Original Poster
The family and I are planning our next vacation and have narrowed it down to the YC and BC for early November 2015. Proximity is obviously a non issue, but is there anyone out there who has stayed at both and can offer some thoughts?

The travel party are me, DW, and DD who will be 12 at the time.

Thanks

belledream

I've stayed at both multiple times and loved Beach Club just a tad more. The atmosphere is just so light and airy while (I also love it) Yacht Club is indeed a little more darker and formal feeling. The rooms are identical in layout and the obviously share the pool, and it's so easy to get from one building to another, that you can visit the other any time you want.

The restaurants are more family-oriented at BC I feel. Beaches N Cream and Cape May versus Yachtman's and Captain's Grille.

Enjoy! It's the best resort on WDW property. :)

walter1901

The Yacht and Beach Club are much the same and and different. The Beach club is more laid back with light colors and decor. It has more of a beach theme. The Yacht Club has darker woods and decor. It is more formal the Beach Club. Either is perfect. They share Stormalong Bay, and both do not have a normal QS Restaurant.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We personally prefer BC, for the reasons listed above. YC is more formal (though it is also less crowded and quieter), and there are more business types at YC at times due to the conference center. Also, BC is *technically* closer to the IG entrance to Epcot, which is our favorite park.

You may also want to consider the renovations that were just announced. The planned renovations to BC are scheduled to be completed by your travel dates, so you would be staying in (hopefully) some nicely refurbished digs at BC.

awheartsdw

Thanks to all. I'm the DW to the OP. I like the ease of being able to walk to a park, and here, you can walk to two. We stayed at the CR over the summer and it was great to be able to walk back from the MK at then end of the night or to even scoot on the monorail and head back to the hotel for a swim. That's why I like the proximity of YC & BC to Epcot, however, Epcot is not where we spend the bulk of our time-which is why we picked CR. BC seems more 'fun' for a family and 'YC' more like where I would stay if we were going on a trip without our daughter. I think I'm leaning more towards BC, especially if there really any obvious differences; other than the vibe, but DH needs to weigh in.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Thanks to all. I'm the DW to the OP. I like the ease of being able to walk to a park, and here, you can walk to two. We stayed at the CR over the summer and it was great to be able to walk back from the MK at then end of the night or to even scoot on the monorail and head back to the hotel for a swim. That's why I like the proximity of YC & BC to Epcot, however, Epcot is not where we spend the bulk of our time-which is why we picked CR. BC seems more 'fun' for a family and 'YC' more like where I would stay if we were going on a trip without our daughter. I think I'm leaning more towards BC, especially if there really any obvious differences; other than the vibe, but DH needs to weigh in.
One other thing to consider (we are planning to stay at BC again this May, but are considering YC now due to the renovations) is that there is no QS restaurant at YC. If you like to pick up a quick coffee or snack in the mornings, you'll have to go over to the BC Marketplace, or (my preference) walk around to BW Bakery. Not a huge deal, but something to consider.

aw14

Original Poster
I am leaning to BC as well, if CR is off the table without a good $ deal. Most people with younger families seem to lean towards BC and the proximity is a great aspect. From what our TA told us, refurb is done by 8/2015

Tuvalu

Premium Member
One other thing to consider (we are planning to stay at BC again this May, but are considering YC now due to the renovations) is that there is no QS restaurant at YC. If you like to pick up a quick coffee or snack in the mornings, you'll have to go over to the BC Marketplace, or (my preference) walk around to BW Bakery. Not a huge deal, but something to consider.
There is coffee and a few continental breakfast options in the lounge off the Yacht Club lobby; not much, but something.

However, Captain's Grille at YC has a wonderful breakfast buffet; you can order a la carte off the menu as well.

If a balcony is important to you, the YC has full-size balconies on all upper floor rooms. BC has more single-person step-out balconies than full size.

YC is closer to the boat dock. Buses (shared with BC) are first-on and first-off.

We have stayed in both resorts and have found YC to be quieter than BC. Also, the YC cast members were friendlier, more helpful and accommodating to requests.

aw14

Original Poster
There is coffee and a few continental breakfast options in the lounge off the Yacht Club lobby; not much, but something.

However, Captain's Grille at YC has a wonderful breakfast buffet; you can order a la carte off the menu as well.

If a balcony is important to you, the YC has full-size balconies on all upper floor rooms. BC has more single-person step-out balconies than full size.

YC is closer to the boat dock. Buses (shared with BC) are first-on and first-off.

We have stayed in both resorts and have found YC to be quieter than BC. Also, the YC cast members were friendlier, more helpful and accommodating to requests.
The quiet of YC would be huge for me especially after a long day at the park. Tough decision to make for sure. Appreciate all the feedback

StarWarsGirl

The big thing to consider is that BC will be under renovation for the next 20 months. And if it's anything like the Poly refurb, you don't want to be staying there when it's happening. I would choose Yacht Club for this reason alone

aw14

Original Poster
The big thing to consider is that BC will be under renovation for the next 20 months. And if it's anything like the Poly refurb, you don't want to be staying there when it's happening. I would choose Yacht Club for this reason alone
I heard renovations will be completed by 8/15

aw14

Original Poster

aw14

Original Poster
Nothing I like better than a hotel debate! Staying at those two resorts is on my bucket list of hotels but knowing my hubby the way I do he would prefer the quiet of the YC.
I am in the same boat as your husband. One of the reasons I love POFQ,.....so quiet

GrumpySue

I have stayed twice at the Beach Club and three times at the Yacht Club. I loved the Beach Club, it is beautifully decorated and has a great vibe, but at night I found it much more noisy. The Yacht Club is a little further walk from Epcot but all in all it was way quieter. If you are a light sleeper I would definately consider Yacht Club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom