Avatar construction aerial updates

Cmdr_Crimson

They way they are getting them to "Float" judging by the models seems to be through the vines connecting them to the ground.
Those vines seem big enough to hide supports inside for the large structure. But you seem to be right about the smaller mountains on top. It looks like it's behind the other mountains just enough so you can't see the beam holding them together.

It maybe similar to what they did with this floating rock structure at Legoland's World of Chima section..
7193_382396681861615_1028872650_n.jpg

RayTheFirefly

Dunno if this has been asked already or not, but do we know how many entrances Pandora will have? It looks like there will be at least 2 (1 on the bridge from Discovery Island and 1 from Africa), but could there be a third one if you hang an immediate left after Rainforest? It looks like all the other lands only have 2 entrances though.

twebber55

Dunno if this has been asked already or not, but do we know how many entrances Pandora will have? It looks like there will be at least 2 (1 on the bridge from Discovery Island and 1 from Africa), but could there be a third one if you hang an immediate left after Rainforest? It looks like all the other lands only have 2 entrances though.
pretty sure two
one entrance would be a bad for the amounts of people that will be going through that area

one in front of the park and one that goes to Africa near the new Lion kingdom

doctornick

pretty sure two
one entrance would be a bad for the amounts of people that will be going through that area

one in front of the park and one that goes to Africa near the new Lion kingdom

Yes, that would be my guess as well. I don't think they would want to have one that lead directly to the Oasis (next to Rainforest Cafe), since they want folks to pass by the shops on Discovery Island on the way out.

If they were going to have some sort of "overflow" exit directly to the Oasis (bypassing Discovery Island), it would make sense to do on from Dinoland to accommodate the large traffic flow that will occur after performances of Rivers of Light end.

twebber55

Yes, that would be my guess as well. I don't think they would want to have one that lead directly to the Oasis (next to Rainforest Cafe), since they want folks to pass by the shops on Discovery Island on the way out.

If they were going to have some sort of "overflow" exit directly to the Oasis (bypassing Discovery Island), it would make sense to do on from Dinoland to accommodate the large traffic flow that will occur after performances of Rivers of Light end.
what i meant by the front of the park was the same entrance to Camp Minnie Mickey which is on Discovery Island

FLFQTR

I was over at Animal Kingdom and AK Lodge last week, looking for any photo update opportunities. There isn't any. All the work so far seems to be "foundation" and ground preparation. Nothing vertical yet. The site is too well screened by trees except for a glimpse as the resort buses pass by the cast member entrance. Sorry to disappoint roj2323. Stay tuned.

It's going to be a while several design changes have caused a slow down in concrete delivery (Disney did this to the Parking Garage as well) do not expect to see any vertical until early 2015 all we are delivering is foundation mud daily. We hope large pours next month and after that.

doctornick

Design changes. Hmmmmm.

That's either going to be good, or not so good.

If its a recent development, I suspect bad (for Pandora) since it likely means that funds that were earmarked for DAK might have been cut due to the money being directed towards DHS. Just my gut feeling though.

That said, even if true, I still trust in any project that Cameron is involved in. If the budget gets cut, I think he will have the influence to make sure that whatever is made is still quality or that funds get replaced fro some other source. I don't think he would let the project get decimated by value engineering.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If its a recent development, I suspect bad (for Pandora) since it likely means that funds that were earmarked for DAK might have been cut due to the money being directed towards DHS. Just my gut feeling though.

That said, even if true, I still trust in any project that Cameron is involved in. If the budget gets cut, I think he will have the influence to make sure that whatever is made is still quality or that funds get replaced fro some other source. I don't think he would let the project get decimated by value engineering.
Or it is something as simple as a change to accommodate site conditions, increasing the capacity of a foundation or any one of a thousand other things.

Projects of this size, whether they are a theme park attraction or an apartment building, change all the time.

Atomicmickey

It's going to be a while several design changes have caused a slow down in concrete delivery (Disney did this to the Parking Garage as well) do not expect to see any vertical until early 2015 all we are delivering is foundation mud daily. We hope large pours next month and after that.

I really appreciate this post, thank you. Checking the "Avatar Construction Aerial Updates" thread is like being in a long distance relationship with an uninterested partner. Hope springs eternal every time I see a new post, but so little there to hang on to . . .

Nice to know that someone is here who is working on it. Don't put your job in jeopardy, but do share
what you can. And, yes, for those of us who love to follow construction of attractions, concrete pours
are fun to hear about. Weird, huh?

flyerjab

I really appreciate this post, thank you. Checking the "Avatar Construction Aerial Updates" thread is like being in a long distance relationship with an uninterested partner. Hope springs eternal every time I see a new post, but so little there to hang on to . . .

Nice to know that someone is here who is working on it. Don't put your job in jeopardy, but do share
what you can. And, yes, for those of us who love to follow construction of attractions, concrete pours
are fun to hear about. Weird, huh?

I think that Steve should start offering premium memberships to this site for free the first year of signing on if you have a valid and active pilot's liscence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom