Walt Before Mickey

IowaHawks7

Original Poster
Has anyone heard this movie thats coming out? It stars John Heder (of napolean dynamite fame) as Roy and Thomas Ian Nicholas (Henry Rowengartner in Rookie of the Year and Kevin in American Pie) as Walt. Im kindve skeptical about this i dont know if anyone else is. Just makes me think if well ever see an authorized biography of Walt on screen and maybe who would play him?
heres the link for the Trailer:
http://www.waltbeforemickey.com/

kap91

Well I know the production was a bit of a disaster locally, unfortunately have no clue about the quality of the finished product.

216bruce

The book is very good. Accurate and thorough. I hope it's better than "As Dreamers Do', which covers some similar ground. I pre-ordered that one and I swear the t-shirt and paintbrush-pen I received was better than the movie. That one is available at some Wal-Marts. I hesitate to order this one, based on the last experience. I doubt we will ever get a full-blown authorized film bio of Walt but the PBS "American Experience" about him should be great. That's out in Fall of next year.
The absence of Walt's daughter, who passed away, may open up some chance of a film being made as she was VERY protective of how her dad was portrayed.

disneygeek90

There's a decent trailer on youtube. I think it looks watchable for sure, barring that they don't completely butcher it. I'm a little upset that Disney hasn't created a proper movie on Walt. I think Saving Mr. Banks gave us a little insight on what could be.

Regardless, I'd say this is probably worth a watch until proven otherwise.

OliveMcFly

I just watched this about 2 weeks ago. I thought Thomas Ian Nicholas looked decent as a young Walt. I found it interesting but I'm wondering how accurate it is.

champdisney

I thought the film was a nicely grounded interpretation of Walt's struggling younger years. Thomas Ian Nicholas and Armando Gutierrez brought it as Walt and Ub. While some on the cast lacked. It's definitely no heart wrenching blockbuster, it's based on real life so expect slow moments throughout the film.

216bruce

I watched it for about twenty minutes. The production values, acting etc. are significantly better than "As Dreamers Do" but apart from the very basic story it's not real accurate. If you aren't much for details and just want a general overview, you'll enjoy it. If you are a Disney history nerd, you'll cringe.

champdisney

24fmom9.jpg

Magenta Panther

LOL, love that comic up there!

Yeah, by the time Walt got done being betrayed by Mintz, he couldn't stand the sight of Oswald. The rabbit symbolized Walt's blood, sweat and tears gone to naught. Can't say I blame him. But I'm so glad the Lucky Rabbit is back where he belongs. I wish he'd show up in a speaking role in the excellent new Mouse toons, although, if that happens, I hope he has a better voice than the one he got in the Epic Mickey sequel. That one sounded like a bad Roger Rabbit impression. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom