West Side Parking Garage construction

mm121

Direct ramp to each level with sign telling you if there are spaces there? One "up" and one "down" lane on each ramp?

You don't need any fancy flow because cars are constantly in and out. It's not like one of the parks with a huge volume going in between 8:30 and 10:00 and then out at closing.

the main thing i was getting at is that ramps inside the actual footprint of the garage, could potentially waste parking space, along with creating confusion.

and while the volume may not be the same as a park opening, these garages will still be mega busy, especially with a direct ramp from the interstate, which will create a constant influx, as such having a bunch of cars circling up and down a ramp system inside the garage would not only be impracticle, but dangerous

and signs to say how many spaces are on each level would be a super smart idea

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, October 8, 2014. Photo taken between Splitsville and AMC Theaters. Decorative work being installed around stairwell in the corners of the garage.

IMG_3095.JPG

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
New photo update on the parking garage over at savepleasureisland.blogspot.com . All taken from an elevated angle (balloon) on the backside of the structure (so no photos of the entrance/exit ramps, unfortunately).

Did you notice the small wall being constructed between the new road and the shopping areas? Nice little detail.

mm121

New photo update on the parking garage over at savepleasureisland.blogspot.com . All taken from an elevated angle (balloon) on the backside of the structure (so no photos of the entrance/exit ramps, unfortunately).
definitely more intended as a safety feature than aesthetics, to require the use of the elevated crosswalks, to prevent people from crossing what could turn be a busy road

CDavid

you mean the worlds graveyard? or the objects in front of every human trying to look like they can hold spaceship earth?

Yes. The "tombstones" at the entrance plaza to Future World in Epcot were referred to as Leave a Legacy.

It's a legacy we'd really like to leave behind, however.

jt04

Rumor is that garage will open to employees soon which will help with capacity if true. Ground level only I would imagine as the ramps are still going in. But progress for sure.

mm121

Rumor is that garage will open to employees soon which will help with capacity if true. Ground level only I would imagine as the ramps are still going in. But progress for sure.

anything would help.

it kinda surprises me that they are building the ramps last rather than earlier in the process, seems like it would of made finishing of the other levels easier if they would of built the ramps sooner in the process

to make it easier for installers of other systems to get workers/materials to their work areas.

things like fire sprinklers, etc.

roj2323

I drove by this last night and The thing was lit up like a christmas tree. Guests are definitely not going to be complaining about it being dark or scary. The west side of the garage was lit on all floors while the east half was lit on the bottom level only.

Also fair warning: Buena Vista Drive Is a real mess. I hope they clean it up a bit over the next few weeks as Holiday visitors are in for a bit of shock. It kinda looks like a bomb went off and scattered concrete barriers and orange construction barriers everywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom