Anybody else feel like there's a lot of griping going on lately?

rob0519

I get that and I don't disagree. I just get tired of seeing the same complaints so frequently. I've been a member of this forum for almost 10 years and don't recall a time where there have been so many complaints so often. I could understand if complaining on forums led to meaningful change but I'm not sure that's the case. It seems like this more of a mob mentality at worst or catharsis at best. Beating a dead horse comes to mind.
It's similar to many committees and boards I sit on. Many people will complain about the problem but offer no solutions. It becomes an echo chamber of negativity.

If you're getting tired of seeing the same complaints frequently, that is an indication that the issues causing the complaints continue to exist. People here can and do offer solutions to many of their complaints. Unfortunately, the members of this forum have no power to implement any of those suggestions or solutions. So, yes, I can see the beating a dead horse comment.

For the the almost ten years you speak of the only constants at Disney have been escalting prices, escalating crowds and declining value and quality. Yes, there is the new Fantasyland, but in my opinion it's not the grand savior of WDW it was marketed to be. There is nothing new in DHS, EPCOT or the Animal Kingdom nor is there anything on the imediate horizon. A new Soarin' film in 2016? That's the best this massive company can produce for their entire flagship resort?

Like you, my family and I will continue to go, but will spread our money around to DCL and DLR rather than exclusively to WDW. I'm sorry, but until the Disney corporation corrects some of what is wrong at WDW and gives the guests something new, exciting and cutting edge as they did 20 and 30 years ago, most of the complaints are well deserved and will no doubt continue.

durangojim

Original Poster
If you're getting tired of seeing the same complaints frequently, that is an indication that the issues causing the complaints continue to exist. People here can and do offer solutions to many of their complaints. Unfortunately, the members of this forum have no power to implement any of those suggestions or solutions. So, yes, I can see the beating a dead horse comment.

For the the almost ten years you speak of the only constants at Disney have been escalting prices, escalating crowds and declining value and quality. Yes, there is the new Fantasyland, but in my opinion it's not the grand savior of WDW it was marketed to be. There is nothing new in DHS, EPCOT or the Animal Kingdom nor is there anything on the imediate horizon. A new Soarin' film in 2016? That's the best this massive company can produce for their entire flagship resort?

Like you, my family and I will continue to go, but will spread our money around to DCL and DLR rather than exclusively to WDW. I'm sorry, but until the Disney corporation corrects some of what is wrong at WDW and gives the guests something new, exciting and cutting edge as they did 20 and 30 years ago, most of the complaints are well deserved and will no doubt continue.

Again no argument from me on any of your points. We're spending way more money on DCL and had an amazing time at DLR last year and are going to go back next year. I see that as voting with my pocketbook but I'm not on here complaining about things frequently. The one time I did have a major complaint I wrote a letter and they made it right by me.

Victor Kelly

Some complaints both here and other Disney sites are sometimes by the people who visit the park to excess during the year and complain of nothing new. Solution: Stop going every week, or month. It gets old after a while and you will see the same pitfalls all the time.

Some people will complain because they want to jump on the wagon. Others complain because they can never be happy with what they get. Then there are the complaints about stuff being in refurb status. Guess what, they need to refurb so it can open again. It sucks for us, because we can only afford a trip every 5 years, but we move on and do other stuff.

Disney has put itself on this pedestal of perfection, and when they do not act accordingly people on the web call them on it, which they very well should. Each and every one of us pay big money to stay on property, visit the parks, buy their stuff, and travel to and from.

WDW looks entirely different now as opposed to when I was taken there starting in 1975, I remember from about 79 on in bits and pieces. From 82, I have an excellent memory of how things were. Some things worse but a lot is better. If WDW did not have 4 parks, and thousands of rooms, there would have been no expansion, no extra parks, no Pleasure Island, no Disney Springs, no new water parks,no thousands of rooms. Everything is intertwined now and feeds off each other at this resort like none other.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I should have said solutions that would be implemented. You listed these solutions but have you sent a letter to Iger or done some research on who you could mail them to at Disney? Maybe you have and maybe some of our members have but I suspect the majority just post stuff on the boards and magically hope someone from Disney comes here and reads them. And please don't feel like I'm attacking you or even disagreeing with what you're saying. I just get tired of complaints.

I've actually done what you've suggested - sent a letter to corporate with constructive criticism. Not expecting a response anytime soon. I also take the opportunity to respond to the surveys, making sure to praise those things I feel Disney does well on but also provide some helpful suggestions, other thank just checking the "strongly dislike or disagree" box. Pixie nailed it. We want Disney to improve but we feel the current management isn't listening, so we use this and other forums to vent our frustrations. And provide suggestions we think will enhance the parks, peoples' experiences and improve Disney's bottom line. It's called tough love. I think most of us are on this forum because we care. And it is also an excellent source of information and great tips!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
" Many people will complain about the problem but offer no solutions. It becomes an echo chamber of negativity."

I would like to respectfully disagree. The commenters on this site offer many solutions, if the TDO management would but take heed to their dollar paying customer base. The big ideas that I have read being...

- quit spending big bucks on unnecessary 'magic band technology' that tracks us all like captive deer...and build us some new attractions.
- quit squeezing things into an already full park (MK) and instead flesh out the other 3 parks, again with new attractions, in the vacant areas !!
- don't close down classic and beloved attractions so that you can do a cheap makeover - (maelstrom/frozen), in an effort to pose a fast money grab!!
- Stop all the investing in your own foreign interests and invest in your home base parks in America. the American public is not your cash cow to milk and then throw the cream into China - or Disney Paris!!
- show some loyalty to your Annual Passholders, after all there are lots of other vacation spots to go to...and a lot of folks have voiced the they are gonna go there instead. They are NOT feelin the love.

I offer my respect of your opinion...and there is mine.

In total agreement with everything you listed. Not because I like to complain, but because I want Disney to be the best it can for everyone.

DisneyDaver

For the the almost ten years you speak of the only constants at Disney have been escalting prices, escalating crowds and declining value and quality.

I agree with your point, but you stated the answer as to why things haven't changed ... what smart company would make changes when crowds keep increasing after price increases (and no increase in quality)? When folks stop going to WDW, then we'll see changes. When complaints turn into trips elsewhere, then we'll see changes.

Dj Corona

OK, everybody, let's focus on the bigger picture, and that being I completely lost attention after the mention of a restaurant called "The Bacon Emporium"!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
From people constantly complaining about how poor the WDW website is, to MM+ complaints, to complaints about other posters making mistakes about discount dates, what the heck is going on here!? I understand that this is the internet and people like to vent, but I always loved this site because people were excited about Disney and shared their excitement with like minded people. Now it seems like there are cliques on here. The folks who think they could design Disney's webpages better and post daily saying how they could do so, those who hate Magic Bands, those who see nothing but the decline of Disney parks, hotels, food, etc. Is Disney perfect? No, far from it but it's still my go-to destination for my family and me and it's still a great place to vacation, I just wish there was a sub forum called Complaints where everyone could talk about how bad it is and do their Monday morning quarterbacking there.

....How long have you been away from these forums?

GrammieBee

Some complaints have a basis in fact and should be "discussed".
Some people are having fun complaining and looking for anything about which to complain.
Other people are only happy when they are miserable or complaining. Sad, but true.
Then there are those who, when they read the complaints about something, decide they better get on the band wagon and add a complaint.
Take your pick.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

" Many people will complain about the problem but offer no solutions. It becomes an echo chamber of negativity."

I would like to respectfully disagree. The commenters on this site offer many solutions, if the TDO management would but take heed to their dollar paying customer base. The big ideas that I have read being...

- quit spending big bucks on unnecessary 'magic band technology' that tracks us all like captive deer...and build us some new attractions.
- quit squeezing things into an already full park (MK) and instead flesh out the other 3 parks, again with new attractions, in the vacant areas !!
- don't close down classic and beloved attractions so that you can do a cheap makeover - (maelstrom/frozen), in an effort to pose a fast money grab!!
- Stop all the investing in your own foreign interests and invest in your home base parks in America. the American public is not your cash cow to milk and then throw the cream into China - or Disney Paris!!
- show some loyalty to your Annual Passholders, after all there are lots of other vacation spots to go to...and a lot of folks have voiced the they are gonna go there instead. They are NOT feelin the love.

I offer my respect of your opinion...and there is mine.

kudos-icon.jpg

JIMINYCR

It's like an anonymous suggestion box. Place one in the area and anyone can feel free to write anything they want without repurcussions. Open up a controversial topic, sit back and watch the fire youve started take hold and blaze away.

draybook

I get that and I don't disagree. I just get tired of seeing the same complaints so frequently. I've been a member of this forum for almost 10 years and don't recall a time where there have been so many complaints so often. I could understand if complaining on forums led to meaningful change but I'm not sure that's the case. It seems like this more of a mob mentality at worst or catharsis at best. Beating a dead horse comes to mind.
It's similar to many committees and boards I sit on. Many people will complain about the problem but offer no solutions. It becomes an echo chamber of negativity.

Perhaps you should show this to TDO. If the complaints are getting worse over those 10 years then what does that tell you? Seems to be reason for the complaining.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom