Yet another cutback?!? MK Entertainment

DisneyNorthFan

I'll take a replacement to clown entertainment any day. Now what will that replacement be? It doesn't have to be a one-for-one act replacement to be worthwhile ... it could just as well be plussing some other attraction, parade, show, etc... That will be hard for many to accept (including me) as it's not straightforward or clear what we got instead, but I'm willing to keep an open mind.

HairyLegPirate

I'll take a replacement to clown entertainment any day. Now what will that replacement be? It doesn't have to be a one-for-one act replacement to be worthwhile ... it could just as well be plussing some other attraction, parade, show, etc... That will be hard for many to accept (including me) as it's not straightforward or clear what we got instead, but I'm willing to keep an open mind.
The problem is that there likely won't be a replacement. The cutting of more unique live acts like these never needs to be matched with a replacement. Granted, Epcot got replacements, but this will probably just be axed. I never saw these guys and am definitely not a clown guy myself but I heard they were pretty good. It's a shame because sometimes the interaction with live performers can be some of the best Cast Member experiences for guests.

Sped2424

They weren't awful, it was a clown show and it actually added some charm to storybook circus. Plus folks actually stopped and watched their act. If you ask me even though I am not a fan of clowns I thought they were a welcomed addition to the rather lacking in show new fantasyland.

Tigger1988

One show has little to nothing to do with canada and is losey, the other is actually a charming throwback to clown acts of yore. Plus one show replaced a rather great act, while the other was a new addition. PLUS it brought some live music to the area

So, applauding lost jobs will be ok in that case?

Good to know, thanks for confirming the hypocrisy I was trying to point out.

Sped2424

it's funny because where did I say I would be applauding? You may want to retract your claws tigger.. I just mentioned I wouldn't be opposed to them leaving. I wouldn't throw a parade and say good riddance, but I don't think they belong at epcot and I will firmly stand by that belief. Clowns belong in a circus, lumberjacks from florida or wherever in a pavilion about canada? Not so much.

Tigger1988

it's funny because where did I say I would be applauding? You may want to retract your claws tigger.. I just mentioned I wouldn't be opposed to them leaving. I wouldn't throw a parade and say good riddance, but I don't think they belong at epcot and I will firmly stand by that belief. Clowns belong in a circus, lumberjacks from florida or wherever in a pavilion about canada? Not so much.
You didn't read my question and the context preceding it, then. Perhaps you should do that before replying.

He said applauding the loss of jobs (which I didn't do to begin with but that's another story) was rude. I asked if he'd play the same tune if the Lumberjacks got axed. Straight forward question. Either you'd be happy to see them go or not.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Uh, you need to back off there. Nothing in Dave's posts or anyone else's warrants your condescending and rude tone. Something I've experienced from you. If you want to pick a fight, go elsewhere. While I might sometimes disagree with Dave, I've found his comments to be reasoned and balanced. We can have disagreements without the self righteousness, please.

Tigger1988

Uh, you need to back off there. Nothing in Dave's posts or anyone else's warrants your condescending and rude tone. Something I've experienced from you. If you want to pick a fight, go elsewhere. While I might sometimes disagree with Dave, I've found his comments to be reasoned and balanced. We can have disagreements without the self righteousness, please.
Telling someone their opinion is wrong doesn't qualify as rude to you?

And lets keep in mind Dave has told people to kill themselves on this board before. He can defend himself if he wants.

Sped2424

You didn't read my question and the context preceding it, then. Perhaps you should do that before replying.

He said applauding the loss of jobs (which I didn't do to begin with but that's another story) was rude. I asked if he'd play the same tune if the Lumberjacks got axed. Straight forward question. Either you'd be happy to see them go or not.
Perhaps you should be less rude. I read your context just fine. I just interjected with the fact that I personally believe they don't belong at epcot and was trying to justify why one might be opposed to the lumber jacks. You said the act was horrible in your initial post and stated it as if it was fact and then furthered arguing by using a poor example of a terrible act. To which I thought you were wrong in your reasoning. But if my statements bother you then please hit the ignore button. Save me and you some time here.

Sped2424

The way you are going about "defending" yourself hardly seems to be in a manner that I would call polite. He just disagreed with what you were saying. You took it someplace else. He stated it politely too and said unfortunately you're wrong to which your tantrum started and now we are here.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Oh, do I so beg to differ. Here is your first post on this thread: "They were awful, removing bad entertainment should be applauded." Gee, I think any reasonable person would interpret your statement as applauding the loss of jobs, because I don't know any other way to interpret the phrase "removing bad entertainment should be applauded". That means someone just lost a job in a tough market and we should applaud that just because you considered what they did "bad".

Tigger1988

Oh, do I so beg to differ. Here is your first post on this thread: "They were awful, removing bad entertainment should be applauded." Gee, I think any reasonable person would interpret your statement as applauding the loss of jobs, because I don't know any other way to interpret the phrase "removing bad entertainment should be applauded". That means someone just lost a job in a tough market and we should applaud that just because you considered what they did "bad".
So I'll ask again. You won't be happy to see the lumberjacks go? You wouldn't applaud Disney for cutting an act you might deem awful?

A lost job is a lost job, it's unfortunate. Some people disliked the clowns, some people dislike the Lumberjacks. Some dislike both.

LAKid53

Premium Member

And lets keep in mind Dave has told people to kill themselves on this board before. He can defend himself if he wants.

I am trying to bite my tongue, but you are making it very difficult. Has your boss ever told you your opinion was wrong? Would you respond to your boss in the manner and tone you responded to Dave? I've not read such a comment from Dave and if he wrote such, then he is wrong and should apologize to that/those individuals.

However, I repeat what I've said previously. I've been the target of your claws on more than one occasion and it was unwarranted.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So I'll ask again. You won't be happy to see the lumberjacks go? You wouldn't applaud Disney for cutting an act you might deem awful?

A lost job is a lost job, it's unfortunate. Some people disliked the clowns, some people dislike the Lumberjacks. Some dislike both.

Lady, I wasn't the one you asked the question of. That was Dave. I've never seen the Lumberjacks so I will not comment on their quality. But as someone with a degree in a performing arts, theatre, I have sympathy with fellow thespians with regards to finding work. Which is why I went back to school and got a degree in business.

Personally, I love clowns and am sad to hear that they are now gone. I've watched children stand there in rapt attention watching them perform. Having done children's theatre, there is nothing more rewarding than making that connection with a child through your performance. Their reaction is so different than adults. And many times more rewarding to a performer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom