Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's within the park borders, in the area where the Backlot Tour used to run. You can see it from World Drive as you drive in, which may be what you are recalling.

Thanks. Since I take Disney transportation to the parks, I never really pay attention as I am on my phone, like most riders, checking wait times, ADRs and FP+ selections. Or asleep. :)

RSoxNo1

Maybe I'm wrong here...and maybe @marni1971 would chime in...

I believe they originally wanted to construct the hat near the international gateway of water that leads to Epcot by boat...I also thought they originally wanted the "ears" to be ferris wheels...

Then something something to do with 9/11 and something something or other and they put it in front of the theater...

I say stick the big illegitimate child out front where they park that big Christmas tree every year...but I guess I'm almost certain they'll landfill it for the expense of re-construction...
It was going to be an attraction with the ears as ferris wheels, but I believe the attractions people didn't want to pay for it. So merchandise basically said, "'We'll take it!" Here's the concept art:
3225.dhs_2D00_guide_2D00_2_2D00_hat.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

If I'm not mistaken this was going at the entrance of the park and you'd enter through one man's dream or some variant.

LAKid53

Premium Member
probably a bunch of teenagers

Hey, I love the Hat, am sorry to see it go, but agree that the view will be better, and wish Disney had stuck with the original concept after seeing the artist's rendering. And no one has accused me of being a teenager in decades.....

LAKid53

Premium Member
The Hat was supposed to be a temporary thing anyway, as was the wand at Epcot. Think about it. If they keep the temporary items forever we'd still have this: :eek:

a27e415148ffea20ba8cbfadbada9e87.jpg

Every time I see this picture I just want to vomit. Was this Eisner's folly? If not, has the individual responsible for this monstrosity been shown the door? I sure hope so, because I'm going to be at Disneyland next year during the 60th and I will be apoplectic if Sleeping Beauty Castle looks like this....

LAKid53

Premium Member
Pay close attention about 3:30 mark.

And Eisner's comments couldn't be more prophetic....."resources to attack quality the way we do...most people take short cuts for either economic reasons or because they are lazy...most people take short cuts because they just don't know how to do it right...this company has such a history of not taking that short cut...going down the path that is the hardest, the toughest, the most painful and the most expensive to gain a quality that's going to be around.." Fast forward to today...

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'd love to see that as an animation rather than a generated meme

Y'all need to stop beating up on poor LeRaposa. The guy just signed up today. And he made a sarcastic remark. Because no one ever makes sarcastic remarks on this forum... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom