The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Zrytec or allergy shots.
Neither work unfortunately. I've had the shots. He said that what's in Texas (Juniper I believe) was in my shot, but it didn't work on that particular allergy, and I'm still highly allergic. Zyrtec I was on for a long time, but eventually, it wore out. Allergy and asthma medications tend to become less effective the longer that you're on them. I'm currently on Allegra.

donaldtoo

Haha, I'm with you, sir. My doctor told me that I can't move to Texas because my allergies would be pretty bad there, but I am all for moving to Florida.:)

Yep, mostly central Texas. We've been back here for almost 38 yrs. and I've never had any major problems with allergies. No severe problems for any family members, either.
But, I know, and have known, many that have had pretty major allergy issues. Definitely does not seem to be a deal-breaker for the vast majority, though. Or, I've never heard of it being.
They still seem to love it down here. :)

donaldtoo

Neither work unfortunately. I've had the shots. He said that what's in Texas (Juniper I believe) was in my shot, but it didn't work on that particular allergy, and I'm still highly allergic. Zyrtec I was on for a long time, but eventually, it wore out. Allergy and asthma medications tend to become less effective the longer that you're on them. I'm currently on Allegra.

Sympathy "like".

Yep, ashe juniper/blueberry juniper would be the main culprits.
It's also referred to as mountain cedar and post cedar.

StarWarsGirl

Sympathy "like".

Yep, ashe juniper/blueberry juniper would be the main culprits.
It's also referred to as mountain cedar and post cedar.
Yep, cedar and juniper I'm allergic to.

Here, they are only an issue for a few weeks in the spring. My doctor has warned me that they would be bad in Texas. Since the shots calmed the majority of allergies that are on the East coast, there's no sense in moving anywhere but the East Coast.

My uncle lived in Dallas for 10 years. His then-wife's family all lived there, and she wanted to be closer to them. He really liked the climate and the friendliness of the people there, but he really missed his life back here. They got divorced about a year ago, and even though her family sided with him in the divorce, he still decided that he would be better off back here.

StarWarsGirl

64264_10150628346019945_6472083126684348372_n.jpg

FutureCEO

Haha, I'm with you, sir. My doctor told me that I can't move to Texas because my allergies would be pretty bad there, but I am all for moving to Florida.:)

It's weird but up here I have to wait a half hour or more to run (headache) but vacationing in Disney, I can wake up and run right away.

I don't know what you call that. And who knows, if I become acclimated to Florida weather, it might be the same.

I run outside. I don't do treadmills.

FutureCEO

I had wicked bad allergies when I was a kid. Trees, dust, mites, trees, ragweed. Everything and then I had shots for a while and they kind of went away.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I had wicked bad allergies when I was a kid. Trees, dust, mites, trees, ragweed. Everything and then I had shots for a while and they kind of went away.
I tested allergic to over 30 things. Mold, slight cat and dog, tree pollen, ragweed, mice, you name it. I had so many allergies that I had one shot in each arm each time and got the shots for five years. Most of my allergies significantly improved. No more cat or dog allergy at all, mold allergies significantly reduced, some tree pollens significantly reduced. Ragweed and certain tree pollens were the ones the shots barely touched. I also still have some mold allergies. They just aren't as bad.

As I've gotten older, some stuff has gotten better. There's an asthma drug called Xolair that I used to be on and don't qualify for anymore. My doctor and I have discovered that the combination of two controller medications, Dulera and Alvesco, makes my asthma significantly better, even around perfume (except for, as I discovered the other day, Axe body spray. I am just as allergic to that as I was when I was 12). But other things have gotten worse. I now get migraines. And my allergies which were not in the shots (food and drug allergies) have gotten worse. I never used to go into anaphylaxis, but I went into anaphylaxis four times from the time I began carrying my epi pen sophomore year of high school to the time I started college (thankfully, I haven't had to stick myself with it since starting college, but more from learning triggers than improvement overall). I just keep telling myself that there are those who have it way worse than me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom