How long does it take to transfer?

rk03221

Original Poster
I am currently FT at WDW looking to transfer into Merchandise or Attractions, both for FT. Are the wait lists long or short for these roles? Are there any locations in either of these that are always looking for FT?

Last edited:

Dasnowz

ft merchandise is forever long. as in years. there are many many part timers in the dept waiting already. there are very few spots ft. most roles in merchandise are part time or cp. I do not know how long for attractions but I know many who have gone there fairly quick.

Irish Manor

ft merchandise is forever long. as in years. there are many many part timers in the dept waiting already. there are very few spots ft. most roles in merchandise are part time or cp. I do not know how long for attractions but I know many who have gone there fairly quick.
ft merchandise is forever long. as in years. there are many many part timers in the dept waiting already. there are very few spots ft. most roles in merchandise are part time or cp. I do not know how long for attractions but I know many who have gone there fairly quick.[/QUOT

Irish Manor

I've had a transfer in for 3 months for park greeter. I stopped at casting last week and they said it goes by seniority which is false. I talked to my Union steward and he said it goes by when my transfer was put in. So don't expect any answers from the casting office

rk03221

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. Yea, I've heard mixed things. It only took two weeks for me to get my full time, which is unheard of. But it is possible I guess. So attractions doesn't have a long wait list?

Last edited:

Irish Manor

I've heard that merchandising is a long waiting list it just depends where you applied for and what parks or hotel shops. I also got full time status after two weeks of working for disney so I know how it feels to wait for this transfer. I was also told they were going to do more transfers after October 1st because all the new budgets for each park were released for the 2015 year. Hope you and I hear soon!

rk03221

Original Poster
Thanks! I really appreciate the responses. That's great to hear too. I hope you get it soon too. I know of someone who is actually transfering out of park greeter soon so maybe that will help your chances. I have to wait until December but I'm just preparing myself and researching what locations to put down. Would you have any recommendations on some locations that you think wouldn't be too long for merch?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom