Cancellation depression: Tell me why 2015 will be better than 2014

Dafid Duck

We were all set for Christmas 2014 in the World. It was to be a celebration of or daughter's acceptance to college (with the in laws too). Unfortunately plans had to change. Now we are hoping to go next year. I'm sure you can imagine, we are all suffering from Disney depression. Please help us out and tell us why it will be better to go in 2015.

DisneyJoe

We were all set for Christmas 2014 in the World. It was to be a celebration of or daughter's acceptance to college (with the in laws too). Unfortunately plans had to change. Now we are hoping to go next year. I'm sure you can imagine, we are all suffering from Disney depression. Please help us out and tell us why it will be better to go in 2015.

Because YOU will make it better.

Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
Because -
1) Frozen will be everywhere,
2) Prices will of hiked another 10%,
3) Disney will continue to cut park hours,
4) FP+ will still have software issues,
5) All rides will be FP+ only,
and
6) I'm going in 2015

...and how will that will be different next year?

(We hope Elsa will be freezing the castle next year too!)

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sorry you had to cancel, that is the pits. But the hat at HS will be gone...

To be replaced by.....

Olaf takes over.jpg

Have a Magical Day!

Upvote 0

DVCPluto

Seriously, no hat, no Malestrom. This is not making me feel better. Will the moat be done by then at least?

Malestrom would have been gone anyway. The hat - well, who really knows when it will actually be gone. We know how these things get pushed back.

2015 is going to ROCK! You are going to have an awesome time! And if you weren't able to get an ADR or FP that you really really wanted, now you get a second shot at it! Get those countdowns ready for 180 days, 60 days, and 0 days! WOOOOO HOOOOO Disney Planning!!!!

Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
Malestrom would have been gone anyway. The hat - well, who really knows when it will actually be gone. We know how these things get pushed back.

2015 is going to ROCK! You are going to have an awesome time! And if you weren't able to get an ADR or FP that you really really wanted, now you get a second shot at it! Get those countdowns ready for 180 days, 60 days, and 0 days! WOOOOO HOOOOO Disney Planning!!!!

That is a good point. My ADRs were good but maybe not stellar. I wasn't able to get BOG at all or Crystal Palace before park opening. I got CP at 8 am then they changed the EMH, so my reservation became right at rope drop. Maybe I'll get them next year.

Upvote 0

BroganMc

Seriously, no hat, no Malestrom. This is not making me feel better. Will the moat be done by then at least?

The new Hub/Moat area should be done by next Christmas. There's also a report out today that the new Frozen/Maelstrom ride may be in soft testing December 2015.

Disney Springs should have an open parking garage then and some new restaurants on the waterfront. A good bit of construction will be finished in Poly and around the parks. (There was far too much going on this past October for my taste.)

And I predict the demand for 7DMT will subside significantly. By next year most people will have a chance to ride it once and decide if it's worth it. The Little Mermaid ride was a hard to get attraction the year it opened. Now demand has leveled off significantly. Since 7DMT is such a short ride that's more kiddie than thrill, I'm betting it drops in demand significantly.

Only real casualty of delaying your trip this year is by December 2015, DHS may be the new "war zone". Many construction projects are rumored to begin early next year and may drastically change the way that park looks and functions. I'm hoping my beloved Osborne Lights don't become a casualty. For now, I'm making plans to return at NYE 2015 and spend more of my time near Magic Kingdom instead. Just in case DHS is a disaster next year, I'll have something fun to look at.

Make sure you have your tickets. You'll save a bundle buying them now instead of waiting until the price increase next year.

And another thing I hope happens is they will finally get a handle on this FP+ thing allowing people to book attractions at different parks and thus distributing demand better.

I think Animal Kingdom's construction still has another year or more. Target date for that was 2016-2017.

We've had to cancel a few trips over the years due to health issues. One was my birthday trip. It sucks, but it does make your return better. The heart grows fonder with time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom