The Boat House construction at Disney Springs The Landing

dstrawn9889

The building on the far left is Haunted mansion. The building outlined in green is It's a Small World. The building outlined in red is both Be our Guest and Story time with Bell.
yes, i know which go-away green bldg is what, just saying that the footprint of the restaurant are quite a bit larger than people realize

cr3346

The footprint doesn't look overly large, but it is a tall building. Based on the earlier construction photos it doesn't appear to have more then one floor, so the height must be required for the thememing they are doing.

Just checked a previous post, that boat house is 22,000 sq ft which is about the size of Rainforest.

Was down there this past week and over at "The Springs" multiple times. The building looks absolutely huge. Maybe its because there are no walls up, but it has a massive layout

WDWtraveler

Photo update of The Boathouse and surrounding area, as of Sunday, October 12, 2014. New landscaping installed between The Hangar and The Boathouse. The two trees were installed last week, but the palm trees are new. The palm trees are in the seating area of the small amphitheater between the two buildings. Based on the construction railings, the floor of The Hangar appears to be completed. Construction of the building's structure should start soon. The last picture is how The Boathouse will appear in the street scene between Portobello's (on the right) and new storefronts (on the left).

IMG_3137.JPG

IMG_3138.JPG

IMG_3135.JPG

flyakite

Hello everyone,

The Boathouse already has an official site on the web. I accessed it through Schussler Creative. It only works on PCs not tablets or mobiles. Just click on the concepts and there it is. It is only a home page at this point, but at least we get an idea of the concept more fully.

Next Big Thing

For those who can't see it, this is what it says on the front page of the website:

Enjoy upscale, family-friendly waterfront dining featuring spectacular floating artwork: dream boats from the 30’s, 40’s & 50’s. Immerse yourself both on land and on water with live music, guided tours aboard the Captain’s piloted Italian Water Taxi, as well as guided Amphicar rides. Enter the water with a splash, while you go for a 20 minute tour of the landmarks of Disney Springs. This incredible culinary experience is showcased in an expansive restaurant with three distinctive bars, including The Dock Bar, built over the water. The BOATHOUSE is managed by the internationally renowned and award winning Gibsons Restaurant Group, celebrated for exceptional food and extraordinary service. Delight in our gourmet menu served daily until 2 a.m. featuring steaks, chops, fresh seafood and our raw bar.

Sounds very promising. What I find most interesting is the Captain-piloted Italian water taxi with 20 min tour of DS landmarks. Also, the part about it being open until 2 am suggests there must be some sort of nightlife in order to keep customers around.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For those who can't see it, this is what it says on the front page of the website:

Sounds very promising. What I find most interesting is the Captain-piloted Italian water taxi with 20 min tour of DS landmarks. Also, the part about it being open until 2 am suggests there must be some sort of nightlife in order to keep customers around.
Agreed. I think someone here "in the know" said that Disney was going to require all of the venues on the landing (former PI) to be open until 2am. There will be nightlife:)

Live music and 3 bars is a good start. The dock bar built over the water is a grea idea. I always felt the waterfront aspect of PI was under utilized. People like to sit by the water to eat or drink. Now if they add some sort of show or entertainment in the lake itself those seats at the dock bar will be like gold. The more details that emerge, either physically through construction or concept art like this, I am getting more excited for this whole project. Yes, it's still just shopping and dining venue, but it seems to be shaping up to be a pretty solid addition and someplace that I will look forward to visiting on each trip.

mm121

the floor of The Hangar appears to be completed. Construction of the building's structure should start soon. The last picture is how The Boathouse will appear in the street scene between Portobello's (on the right) and new storefronts (on the left).

View attachment 69434

View attachment 69436
is everyone sure this is the hanger and not a extension of the boathouse, as the description includes a "dock bar" over the water.

that street walkway seems really narrow.

CentralFLlife

Here is Steven Schussler buying an amphicar on Discovery's Fast and Loud. This aired about a year ago, and I remember telling my dad when we were watching it that this was for Disney. This was before permits or construction had begun. He even mentioned he is doing an exhibit for a resort in orlando. I think its pretty cool that this randomly showed up on the discovery channel.

flyerjab

Same comment as with the addition of Morimoto Asia. I am so excited for the transformation of DTD into DS. What is nice about this particular venue is that it has a theme extended throughout the entire facility, that even extends out into water tours on amphicars. This is more of what DS needs and it gives me hope that DS will become a destination in itself. I wonder if this will ultimately drive up occupancy in Saratoga Springs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom