And just when I thought I forgot.....

wedway71

Original Poster
Soo... My College aged 20 year old Daughter was eating dinner at the house( rare blessing these days)...
and we were talking about taking a family trip to WDW...

Then she brings up her first trip to WDW when she was 1.

When we first entered MK I bought Hayley her very first Disney balloon. She held that balloon ALL Day and would not let go.. it was her prized possession. I was the BEST DADDY in the world!!!

After a long day at the park we got back to the car and my Wife was putting her in the car seat.. I told her I would hold her balloon and pack up the trunk.... Well somehow the balloon string slipped out of my hand and slowly went to Balloon Heaven as my Daughter screamed NOOOOOOOOO.....DADDY...... MY BALLOON..........!!!!!!!

At that point I wanted to jump on a grenade...

Funny what little kids will remember for life.... :(

zurgandfriend

Due to a few issues we did not get to see Iluminations on my DS's first trip age five. I heard about it everyday for a year until our next trip when we saw it several times. My DS always remembered things like that and yet he forgets when I tell him to cut the grass.

wedway71

Original Poster
Due to a few issues we did not get to see Iluminations on my DS's first trip age five. I heard about it everyday for a year until our next trip when we saw it several times. My DS always remembered things like that and yet he forgets when I tell him to cut the grass.

I hear ya on the grass.. My Son in all Advanced Math and Science classes and looking at a full ride to Purdue to be an Engineer or Scientist... but cant figure out how to cut the grass....???

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
She just said the same thing... funny she brought this old story up.. before asking for money..

Aren't they so good at bringing up old stuff to fill you so full of guilt that when they hit you up for money, all you do is just open that wallet....

My daughter is also a master in the "let's make parent feel guilty so I can get money" ploy...

:D

JIMINYCR

DS still remembers the time he was 3yo and I had him at a playground and he fell off a hanging tire bridge
images
that I encouraged him to walk across. I can still replay that moment of horror in my mind watching him falling. Fortunately he wasnt hurt at all but it took me forever to get him to get up the courage to walk across it again. He still brings it up when he wants me to feel guilty about being a baaaad dad. He now is an adult, has a great job but still drops by for free meals and borrow money. Things never change. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom