POLL: PLANES, TRAINS, or AUTOMOBILES?

What is you preferred mode of transportation to get to Walt Disney World?

• Total voters

HollyAD

We are flying Southwest down from a smaller airport. I have been to WDW many times but never flown and gotten to use DME! We always drive and are exhausted our first day. It is only a two hour flight opposed to a 14 hour drive. That doesn't account for traffic, road work, or accidents. Our last trip we sat on I-4 an extra hour due to traffic.

PhilharMagician

For us we prefer flying since it is 23 hours each way. I would be so happy if out drive was only 11 - 12 hours. Then we would only loose one day on each end of our trip instead of 2 if we drive.

RScottyL

Plane!

I live in the Dallas, Texas area, and a train or car would take too long, even though they might be cheaper for me!

We went in Spring Break 2013, and plan on going again in 2021!

We will take a plane then too!

Foolish Mortal

Always fly. I do enough driving on the job and I have no desire to do a 18-20 hour drive from suburban Philly when a plane will get me there in 2 hours.

HollyAD

Plane is for sure the way to go! I flew to WDW for the first time in Oct. Had only driven to WDW for all previous trips. You really can't beat just hopping on the magical express and arriving at your resort. While it would have been nice to have my car, we really didn't need it.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'll settle for the generic "automobile" label, but we prefer one of our double cab trucks. Its only a 5-5.5 hour trip and I only have to deal with luggage once each way. If we went by air, it would be a 45 minutes to the airport, 2 hours getting through check in and security and another hour or two gathering luggage and rental car. So its a wash for elapsed time in our situation. Amount of outfits that my wife can take, travel to the Brahmin outlet, directly to Hoop-dee-do, or wherever we want at the drop of a hat ? Win.

Passenger trains are a north eastern thing, very inconvenient in the Southeastern US. From Atlanta you'd have to take Cresent to DC, then Silver to Orlando for total transit time of over a full round the clock day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom