So these girls that went to HHN and got called names

mergatroid

Original Poster
What are the thoughts on this

Two 13-year-old girls demanded Wednesday an apology from the Universal Studios Hollywood employee who they said verbally assaulted them by calling them "sluts," "hookers" or "whores" during "Halloween Horror Nights."

Sitting with attorney Gloria Allred, Kayla Beals and Roxy Fisher said in a press conference Wednesday they are hurt by the verbal taunts they captured on cellphone video.

"There were lots of people from our school there and maybe they could've heard it and, like, like spread something around the school that we were those things," Kayla said.

The female "Horror Nights" employee heard on the cellphone video appears to be part of Universal's "Purge the Anarchy" attraction, part of its special "Halloween Horror Nights." Universal Studios and NBC4 are owned by Comcast.

"Universal's Halloween Horror night was horrifying for reasons that they never could have foreseen or reasonably expected," Allred said.

When one of the girls' mother's says she tried to call Universal management, she claims she was denied access, promised a return phone call and told "all employees are very well-trained."

Three weeks later, the moms contacted Allred.

Universal Studios officials said in a statement they "take these issues very seriously" and are looking into them.

"This conduct does not reflect our values or our guest communication guidelines," the statement read. "We are reaching out to those involved and will deal with the situation appropriately."

Allred says her clients want a face-to-face apology, noting they're not seeking any compensation.

"We have no plan at this time to file a claim or to file a lawsuit," Allred said. "But we'd like them to do the right thing."

Universal's website strongly urges parents not to send children under the age of 13 to "Horror Nights," saying, "They'll will be exposed to extremely adult material."

It was not known if the girls read the statement before buying their tickets online, but their mothers admit that while they let their daughters go alone, they didn't expect it to be horrifying in another sense.

link

Seems like the parents weren't concerned about the advice Universal give about this not being suitable for children and want to complain after the event.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Universal says it's not for under 13 and they were 13. However the parents should have done some research as to what the event was like. In the video it doesn't even seem like the actor is looking at the girls unless they didn't take the video.

mergatroid

Original Poster
To be perfectly honest there's a lot more they could have seen and heard there that could be deemed more 'shocking'. I really get the impression that this is being used by the lawyer and the parents for ulterior reasons. The lawyer has got publicity from this and despite the claims they're not after money, it wouldn't surprise me to see the families offered and accepting an all expenses paid trip to Universal in the near future.

Bairstow

I dunno, though. Even at "adult" theme park events there a lines of decency that are better not crossed.
It would not be acceptable, for example, for a scare-actor to hurl racial slurs at Horror Nights guests.
Whether or not it's actionable, this shows some really poor judgment on the part of the actor.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I dunno, though. Even at "adult" theme park events there a lines of decency that are better not crossed.
It would not be acceptable, for example, for a scare-actor to hurl racial slurs at Horror Nights guests.
Whether or not it's actionable, this shows some really poor judgment on the part of the actor.

I think that would be far worse to be honest. I do agree with you though that it may have been poor judgement but I'd be interested to see what led up to the 'abuse' from the scare-actor. I went three times to HHN and watched the actress in the Purge zone do the 'bit' on or near the school bus on several occasions and didn't witness her abuse anybody. I'm wondering if these girls had been heckling her (I've no proof they were, just summing here)and she reacted to it? Certainly it's strange that the clip only shows the abuse, seems coincidental that they only started filming at that moment?

danpam1024

I think that would be far worse to be honest. I do agree with you though that it may have been poor judgement but I'd be interested to see what led up to the 'abuse' from the scare-actor. I went three times to HHN and watched the actress in the Purge zone do the 'bit' on or near the school bus on several occasions and didn't witness her abuse anybody. I'm wondering if these girls had been heckling her (I've no proof they were, just summing here)and she reacted to it? Certainly it's strange that the clip only shows the abuse, seems coincidental that they only started filming at that moment?
EXACTLY RIGHT! Only hearing 1/2 the story here- from a lawyer and 2 tweenie girls, whos parents didn't care enough to go WITH them, but are angry they were "called names". I bet they get called all kinds of names at school- gonna start suing the school board and the other kiddies too??? SMH

Animaniac93-98

I agree. It sounds like we are missing some (if not most) of the story here, along with what context the words were said in.

Animaniac93-98

Here's a video of the scare zone in question:

If you fast forward past the people with chainsaws mingling with guests you'll see a female MC who heckles them as they walk by (she even says "p*** off" at one point). This probably explains why they were able to film it at just the right point, the Team Member is doing sets all night.

My guess? She was the one who called them names (to the guests in general, if not these two particular girls). As part of an act. In a show that is not marketed as PC or safe for children, and explicitly stated as such before you buy your event ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom