bring a gopro on my wrist?

david treutelaar

Original Poster
weve been using a GoPro lately for vacations instead of bringing a camera....kinda nice to make a home movie
will Disney let me in rides with it?(the only mount i use is wrist and it cant come off)

Bairstow

In my experience, yes.
Disney is the most permissive about allowing the use of go-pros at their parks of any of the Orlando resorts, almost weirdly so.
I've never been told to remove mine there, and even got away with strapping the camera to the hand bar itself on Thunder Mountain and Everest. Got some really amazing footage that way. The only hitch was on Primeval Whirl, where they made me hold the camera in my hand rather than strap it to a bar.

Universal and SeaWorld, by contrast, heavily police the use of the device, at least on their thrill rides. Looks like I'll need to buy one of those concealed wristwatch cameras before my next trip.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The majority of WDW attractions can handle a properly secured camera. The only exception I've seen is RnRC.

The bigger coasters at SeaWorld, Uni and Busch are usually a no no. For obvious health and safety reasons.

I did see a rider being allowed to take one on Kumba but only after he took it off his wrist and secured it to his chest harness.

Bairstow

The majority of WDW attractions can handle a properly secured camera. The only exception I've seen is RnRC.

I've been allowed to record on RnRC too, multiple times.
Most of the footage was unusable, save for a single frame grab during the launch when the strobes fired for the picture.
That made for a really nice shot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've been allowed to record on RnRC too, multiple times.
Most of the footage was unusable, save for a single frame grab during the launch when the strobes fired for the picture.
That made for a really nice shot.
I was crazy enough to take a DV camera on in 2001. Needless to say I won't do that again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom