Disembarkment Process

Melissa Strause

Original Poster
Hi all! I had a few questions regarding my cruise next Friday (can't wait!!! :happy:). I was just curious how the disembarkment process works. What time you have to be off the ship (my flight doesn't leave until 3:19 PM so I'm curious what's the absolute latest I can stay on board), how often the buses back to MCO run, things like that. Also, I've heard that you're supposed to leave your stuff outside the room the night before, but do you have to? I'll only have a carry on size suitcase and a purse, and I don't entirely trust Disney to get my bag all the way from the ship back to San Jose :p. Will they be cool with me taking my stuff off by myself?

One more question, bit off topic... I'll be flying into MCO the day before, and if you've stayed at the Hyatt there, how was it? I'm a fairly light sleeper, so I just wanted to know if you could hear planes leaving and arriving, or if you could hear people walking around outside your room. Thanks !

TheMouseFan

Hi all! I had a few questions regarding my cruise next Friday (can't wait!!! :happy:). I was just curious how the disembarkment process works. What time you have to be off the ship (my flight doesn't leave until 3:19 PM so I'm curious what's the absolute latest I can stay on board), how often the buses back to MCO run, things like that. Also, I've heard that you're supposed to leave your stuff outside the room the night before, but do you have to? I'll only have a carry on size suitcase and a purse, and I don't entirely trust Disney to get my bag all the way from the ship back to San Jose :p. Will they be cool with me taking my stuff off by myself?

One more question, bit off topic... I'll be flying into MCO the day before, and if you've stayed at the Hyatt there, how was it? I'm a fairly light sleeper, so I just wanted to know if you could hear planes leaving and arriving, or if you could hear people walking around outside your room. Thanks !
You will definitely be able to keep your luggage with you. Even if you do leave it outside your room, you still need to claim it before leaving the terminal to catch the bus. I believe you have to be off by 9:30 at the latest, but someone will need to confirm that. We were off as early as possible on both of our cruises! Have a great trip!

ChuckElias

By all means, keep your bags, especially if they're small and easy to manage as you leave the ship. Disney does a great job of taking your luggage and making it pretty easy to find in the terminal. But if your stuff is small, then it's not a problem to keep it and drag it off yourself.

9:30 am is almost always the latest that you're supposed to be on the ship. There are LOTS of buses back to MCO, but I honestly can't tell you how often they leave.

DISNEY FANTASY

Most cruises you start to get off in the timeslot, 7.15 > 7.30 and have to be off by 9.00am bar ALASKA which can take a bit longer.

Buses are on a fill and go rolling service, regularly departing all the time, no long waits.

Luggage, bar ALASKA the best thing is to leave it outside your room last night by 10pm, and they do the hard work, PC has stairs or escalators they do a great job of getting it off before you, and you do not have to use the busy ship elevators, ALASKA is different there it's best to keep your bags and take off with you. All other places it's quicker to let DCL do it for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom