What to do! Tickets are lost! (Phew finally got it figured out!)

Jae99

I have run into what seems to be a huge problem. Our trip was booked through a travel agent. We made our hotel reservations back in April and waited until the beginning of October to purchase our park tickets. I am now 2 days away from our 60 day mark and our travel agent can't seem to find our tickets. Disney has been contacted but they are unable to do anything for us since we have used a TA to book our trip.

This is definitely not helping with the stress I have been feeling leading up to our FP+ booking day.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jae99

Original Poster
I have been in contact with them. The agent that we originally booked with (who is completely up to date on the ins and outs of Disney) is away on holidays and the remaining agents seem to be clueless when it comes to Disney Vacations. One agent even had the gall to tell me that all I needed was our hotel reservations to get into the park.

Pretty sad when I seem to have much more knowledge than a TA.

I am at my boiling point right now.

To make it worse, because we booked through a TA and not directly with Disney, the CM I talked to said that he couldn't do anything with our ressies or ticket purchases.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I have been in contact with them. The agent that we originally booked with (who is completely up to date on the ins and outs of Disney) is away on holidays and the remaining agents seem to be clueless when it comes to Disney Vacations. One agent even had the gall to tell me that all I needed was our hotel reservations to get into the park.

Pretty sad when I seem to have much more knowledge than a TA.

I am at my boiling point right now.

To make it worse, because we booked through a TA and not directly with Disney, the CM I talked to said that he couldn't do anything with our ressies or ticket purchases.

That's interesting - I thought a TA was able to provide the needed Disney reservation number. I once booked a resort through Expedia, but with help from Disney tech support, got the needed Disney 12 digit number to add the reservation to MDE. Plus, there's a backdoor way to retrieve your reservation. Here's the URL: https://secure.reservations.disney.do.com. But like I said, you probably need to get on the phone with tech support to retrieve the Disney number. If it worked for Expedia, it should work for a reservation made through a TA.

Sounds like what you need to do after this is resolved is find a new TA. Belle?

Upvote 0

allidog1

FYI If you book through a travel website (like Orbit) you can get your reservation number to do everything on Disney.com, but if you call Disney to try a make requests they are unable to touch the reservation. I don't know why this is but I came across this problem recently, and now will only book through Disney directly.

Upvote 0

DVCPluto

Good luck @Jae99 !!

I would hound the TA like crazy - If they're on holiday, try figuring out where that is, and call directly. That's really messed up. If they lost the tickets, they need to purchase new ones, today.

Let us know how it goes! We've got your back!!

Upvote 0

Jae99

Original Poster
Just got off the phone with the TA. She says that Disney was supposed to email me the ticket confirmation #'s earlier this week. She is currently on the phone with Disney support trying to figure it out. The sad part is that I can't even call Disney myself and do anything because it was booked by a TA, Disney customer support is pretty much useless until the TA can figure it out.:mad:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Disney customer support is pretty much useless until the TA can figure it out.:mad:
I sympathise with your situation and I do hope that everything is sorted out for you very quickly.

BUT - this is not Disney's problem. Your wrath, anguish and threats of violence should be directed firmly at the staff of the TA who have caused this problem for you.
I would also be seeking compensation from them if you're not able to book you FP+ at the 60 day mark

Upvote 0

Jae99

Original Poster
TA is on the phone with Disney now. They are telling her that they will link my tickets at Midnight. I am finding that hard to believe. I haven't been to WDW in 25 years but everything I have read and come to understand is that you need the physical ticket that has the 12 digit confirmation # in order to link it with the MDE. How is it that I have a TA and Disney CM telling me different.:banghead:

Definitely not the way I was hoping things would be 61 days from our trip.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

If they have the ticket confirmation number it can be linked without a physical ticket.

If the agent purchased your tickets, there should be a confirmation number in an email somewhere.

Ask to speak to the agency owner.

Upvote 0

mattdenine

I've used a TA when I booked this years trip (April) and used the same TA again to book next years trip (October). Both times my TA has given me my Disney reservation number right away and I've linked it to my MDE. My TA was even able to successful all of the DR's we required for this year trip.

Hopefully you are able to get things sorted out and the planning of your trip back on track.

Upvote 0

Jae99

Original Poster
I was under the impression that the tickets or confirmation # should have been given to the TA when it was purchased. That seems to not be the case.

To update things: My email inbox has been lighting up with emails from Disney Destinations linking everybody together from our 2 hotel reservations. I have confirmed with my parents that they haven't done anything on the app or the MDE site. So I am hoping that the TA is getting somewhere with Disney customer support.

I have a feeling that something got lost by Disney. The TA never got any tickets or #'s. Completely frustrated right now.

Upvote 0

Jae99

Original Poster
I've used a TA when I booked this years trip (April) and used the same TA again to book next years trip (October). Both times my TA has given me my Disney reservation number right away and I've linked it to my MDE. My TA was even able to successful all of the DR's we required for this year trip.

Hopefully you are able to get things sorted out and the planning of your trip back on track.
Did your TA just give you a resort confirmation number to link to the MDE or did they also give you park admission confirmation #'s as well?

Upvote 0

Jae99

Original Poster
It was just one reservation number but when i go into MDE my tickets are linked
hmmmmm....that is what the TA has been telling me, but the tickets were not purchased at the time the resort was booked. My parents were told by the TA not to worry about purchasing the tickets until closer to our travel date. When you first linked your resort confirmation number did it automatically link your park tickets as well or did your park admission link at midnight on your 60 day mark?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom