Alice in Wonderland updates

The Empress Lilly

There you go. It's been sitting for decades and collecting dust. So, there's one neglected dark ride, TWO dark rides featuring violence, jail, booze, nudity and the devil replaced by Winnie the Pooh, another dark ride that Claude Coats worked on replaced by a princess photo op and the submarines replaced by a ******* crappy clam shell ride. You're on very thin ice, WDW. This is why I go to Disneyland.
:cry:

Let's also throw in a Skyway replaced by bathrooms. Which also means a suberb Bavarian hillside area replaced by five strory Bavarian buildings overlooking a single story cartoon town square slash toilets.

While DL lost its Skyway too, its castle regained its attraction where ours is now closed off for traffic, the mosaic mostly hidden, the shop replaced by a tart-up-your-daughter so nobody can visit it anymore, and the restaurant taken over by princesses. At least we can still visit the Sword in the Stone ceremon....wait, gone too.

Should we include the MK's fine Toontown replaced by an already existing spinner and toddler splash area?

The Empress Lilly

WDW demolishes everything that isn't falling apart.
I+see+what+you+did+there.+but+he+probably+can+t+_2fb4a6519840b4e2ba0620bc35da35e2.jpg

mharrington

The one thing I like better in the old version was the cards you pushed away to get outside.

Yeah, that is a little disappointing that the cloudy spiral was that, as though it was the end of the ride.

Also, this is just the nostalgia talking, but I'm also a little disappointed that they removed the last appearance by the Cheshire Cat as you go through the cloudy tunnel en route to the last scene with the Unbirthday Party, and Alice saying, "I hope I don't meet any more mad people," and the Cat saying, "Oh, you can't help that."

But like I said, that's just the nostalgia talking. The rest of the ride is pretty good.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Holy Moly! This refurb has just done wonders for this attraction! I'm currently saving to go for Disneyland's 60th and I cannot wait to ride this again! I hope the other Dark Rides get fixed up as well!!

Bravo WDI!

I'm going to try and get a group of us together for the celebration. Hope you can join us, whoever goes!

disneyman87

I love what they have done with the ride. I was disappointed that Alice was nowhere to be seen in the original version except in a hidden spot, but now you seen her in almost every scene.

George Lucas on a Bench

Alice is actually my least favorite of the Fantasyland rides. The updates were cool, but nothing really huge, which is a good thing. At least they didn't ruin it. I do prefer the newer version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom