Future reservation help please

tmitch

Original Poster
Hello, my family and I are doing dcl in February of next year and we expect to put a deposit for future cruise if possible. The deposit would be for 2016, but I wanted a Christmas time. I see that the deposit is only good for 18 months which make February good until August. Can I move the deposit to later or no? Thanks in advance

MaryJaneP

We booked a "dummy" cruise date on our last trip and paid the deposit then. We had no intention of using the "dummy" cruise date, it was just a placeholder for our deposit money, to qualify for the savings, until we could move our cruise date to the actual cruise we really wanted and the deposit money was just moved over. Not sure if this answers your question.

tmitch

Original Poster
Sorry it doesn't. I wanted to know if I could go beyond the 18 month window that supposedly applies to future bookings.

Ariel484

I think if you want to go beyond that 18-month window you'd actually have to cancel the reservation you made on-board. Then you'd lose the 10% discount and OBB credits.

I'm pretty sure this was DCL's way of trying to crack down on people booking dummy cruises and moving them out over and over. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom