Does it look and feel like a forest?

dstrawn9889

it doesn't look like a forest, but the whole area is very pretty and does feel very fantasy-like, at least, the area around 7DMT and Mermaid. The Storybook Circus side, to me, is what feels way too open and barren.

But the mansion being somewhat hidden in the trees is also creepy and foreboding. I think they could perhaps trim the trees a bit so the mansion looks larger, but definitely keep the show building hidden.
the only problem with this is, now that the trees have matured naturally, they will look like they were trimmed... the really only realistic-looking fix would be to slowly replace the mature trees, with younger, more readily shapable trees... one at a time (pines really look like crap when they are trimmed, and the never form a proper shape after trimming)

hpyhnt 1000

Keep the trees; I don't care if the Mansion becomes completely obscurred. Given how many mature trees the MK has lost over the past decade it really would be a shame for it to lose more.

George Lucas on a Bench

nfp110129LARGE-1.jpg

more art with water in it

This concept art is so much cooler than the final product.

Fox&Hound

Wasn't the area where the circus sits now originally supposed to be pixie hallow? If that had come to fruition and the original cottages for the princesses (not to say I prefer that plan at all) then perhaps it would look more wooded. I still think Pixie Hallow will show up somewhere-maybe AK one day.

I agree that there is a lot of concrete but I think the area looks really good. I think the part over by Pooh could use some more trees and the area by the carousel is quite barren. A huge fountain would be a nice touch!

Overall, I like it a lot. Especially when you are on the bridge over by Be our Guest.

I hope when HS gets its big refurb they add more shade, landscaping, and water features to that park too.

flyerjab

To me, the idea of the BatB/7DMT section of NFL "feeling like a forest" is more of an idea than a reality. A park that draws more people into it than any other theme park in the world (18 million clicks last year or something) will always need large, concrete pathways for pedestrian flow. I see people on these threads complain about how narrow some of the walkways are in DHS, a park not nearly as popular as the MK. I can only imagine if the walkways in NFL were made more narrow so that more trees and foliage could be put there. Sure it would look pretty, but the congestion in that area would be unbearable.

I think that they did a great job working within the constraints that they deal with. The standby queue for the 7DMT is excellent. I also really like the areas around Belle's Cottage and BOG. And at night, it is great just to walk around that part of NFL.

Someone posted a picture on these threads a short while ago showing what the land looked like around HM after it opened. The difference in what the landscaping looked like after opening compared to now is startling. Maybe after a few more years, the conceit that this part of NFL is the "enchanted forest" will seem more of a reality. But to me that reality will never be completely attainable.

Kman101

Simply, no. No it doesn't look like a forest. It's not a "forest" at all IMO. And I think they did a great job with the exterior buildings.

Certain areas are VERY well-done though. I love the greenery and water features around Beast's Castle/Maurice's Cottage and Dwarfs Mine Train (the queue is really really nice for this) but overall, the entire area could use what TDO seems to hate: trees.

Sped2424

Wasn't the area where the circus sits now originally supposed to be pixie hallow? If that had come to fruition and the original cottages for the princesses (not to say I prefer that plan at all) then perhaps it would look more wooded. I still think Pixie Hallow will show up somewhere-maybe AK one day.

I agree that there is a lot of concrete but I think the area looks really good. I think the part over by Pooh could use some more trees and the area by the carousel is quite barren. A huge fountain would be a nice touch!

Overall, I like it a lot. Especially when you are on the bridge over by Be our Guest.

I hope when HS gets its big refurb they add more shade, landscaping, and water features to that park too.
pixie hallow and tinkerbell dvd fever is starting to near the end of it's lifecycle I think. So I wouldn't bet on pixie hollow coming to fruition here.

Kman101

Considering Tinker Bell got shoved next to Mickey and her friends are gone, I doubt Pixie Hollow is a priority. I'm actually OK with them not building it, even though the concept art was nice. I would of rather had Wonderland. Storybook Circus is alright but ehh. We all know it was just so they could keep those tents. At least the Train Station looks fantastic and Dumbo received some nice upgrades.

Monorail_Red_77

Here is a shot that I took back in May when I was at the 24hr event. This perspective is looking towards the castle walls from back by circus, in queue for 7DMT. Pooh tree is center-left. This is at least one good reason for the large walkways. Also, don't forget that behind the carousel there is a large stroller parking area. Not to mention it is also a large 4way intersection. I can see how it is frustrating that it is a large open area but there are times when it is needed and even a few times that it seems too crowded still.
IMG_1662.JPG

Monorail_Red_77

Here is another view looking towards 7DMT from the large open area behind carousel. Pinocchio is out of frame on the left and carousel is to right out of frame. I took this pic Aug 16th, 2014.
IMG_0878.JPG

Monorail_Red_77

I'm ok with the large open areas. this is def. needed in a park with 18 million visits give or take a year. Granted I'd like it to be more of a forest feel. Just not sure how they can accomplish that with all things to consider like crowd flow, emergency access, crane/maint access, fireworks fall out and viewing, etc. I believe that is the area that they bring the large crane in that works on the castle for refurbs and lighting. All things considered I think it looks pretty good. There are nice blending points like between 7DMT and pooh area, etc.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom