Splash Mountain Sign (Complete)

yaksplat

Original Poster
My son's 6th birthday is coming up and on our trip a couple of weeks ago I was looking for a good piece of art from the Song of the South or Splash Mountain. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything that I liked. So I decided that instead of buying him something, I'd just make him something in the same theme. I liked the look of the Splash Mountain sign with Br'er Rabbit on it with his bindle and stick.

Splash%20Mountain%20Sign%20%28Small%29.jpg

So I decided that I'd carve one for him. I do wood working, but I've never carved anything in my life other than sharpening sticks on the curb at the street when I was a kid.

Here's what I've got so far. I have two months before I need to be finished, so there's still quite a bit of work to be done.
WP_20140911_22_51_54_Pro%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It's the love put into it that will make it priceless for years to come! :)
I recently bought this sign with my Disney dollars because it's one of my favorites, getting off the train in Frontierland, my favorite land, and knowing I have arrived!
I love BTM and Splash....just thinking a recycling waterfall feature in room would make it sing....er....splash! And it would be neat to have some push button where Zippedeedoodah plays.

What fun....I always enjoyed doing my sons rooms themed out to whatever they were into at the moment....
22f51753de9feb5076ad31f35454337d.jpg

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Unfortunately, the amount that I'd have to charge would prohibit anyone from wanting one. I'm about 10 hours in on the work and I probably have another 20 to go at least.

Ooooh I am not sure how many but have seen unique Disney memories go for a ton on ebay...if it's hard to come by some will pay ANY price to obtain it....supply demand et al. If you had the time it might be fun to see what you could sell one for...then again your son will probably have one of a kind. Great job please show us finished product! :)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think there are a few in end of queue and I believe the first is right after you turn to enter log loading area.....maybe on both sides off and on...I know there is an upside down acorn similar on post around there too....but think there are lots of different light styles all over the place in that area....so could be just the one, but it sure always catches my eye! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom