Wilderness Lodge Villas & Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas Split Stay

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Original Poster
DH and I are looking at renting DVC points for the first time and trying a split stay in October 2015 between two deluxe resorts. Right now we're considering a split stay between a WL Studio Villa (5 nights) and a AKL Standard Studio Villa at Jambo House (4 nights). This is a compromise because DH LOVED AKL on our last trip and really wanted to stay there again close to his favorite park AK... while I want to try something new and be closer to my favorite park the MK! Last October we had a split stay between Pop Century (3 nights) and AKL pool view (6 nights) and we had no trouble moving from one resort to another. So we know what to expect at AKL... but neither of us has ever stepped inside WL...

What do you love about WL? What are your thoughts about a split stay between WL and AKL in October?

Rob562

One thing to note, because of the limited number and the cheaper point cost, the Standard Studios at AKL go *very* quickly, so you may have trouble booking it. There's even one rental company that says right on their site that they won't even try looking for availability because it's so hard to get.

-Rob

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Original Poster
One thing to note, because of the limited number and the cheaper point cost, the Standard Studios at AKL go *very* quickly, so you may have trouble booking it. There's even one rental company that says right on their site that they won't even try looking for availability because it's so hard to get.

-Rob

Really? I understood that the Value type was very difficult to book but that the Standard type was not too bad. On David's DVC website under the "when to book" section it lists Standard Studio AKL at 8 months or earlier. The Value Studio AKL is listed at 11 months out.

Hopefully I will have luck booking a Standard Studio AKL at the 11 month mark!

Rob562

Really? I understood that the Value type was very difficult to book but that the Standard type was not too bad. On David's DVC website under the "when to book" section it lists Standard Studio AKL at 8 months or earlier. The Value Studio AKL is listed at 11 months out.

Hopefully I will have luck booking a Standard Studio AKL at the 11 month mark!

Whoops, sorry my mistake.
My brain was using "Standard" and "Value" interchangeably. Ignore my post, then. :)

-Rob

DisneyJoe

DH and I are looking at renting DVC points for the first time and trying a split stay in October 2015 between two deluxe resorts. Right now we're considering a split stay between a WL Studio Villa (5 nights) and a AKL Standard Studio Villa at Jambo House (4 nights). This is a compromise because DH LOVED AKL on our last trip and really wanted to stay there again close to his favorite park AK... while I want to try something new and be closer to my favorite park the MK! Last October we had a split stay between Pop Century (3 nights) and AKL pool view (6 nights) and we had no trouble moving from one resort to another. So we know what to expect at AKL... but neither of us has ever stepped inside WL...

What do you love about WL? What are your thoughts about a split stay between WL and AKL in October?

Start at WL and go to AKL.

The resorts are very similar. I like the peace and quiet at WL and the proximity to MK.

Goofnut1980

In our few years of DVC, we really like AKL (Home Resort) the best. I actually enjoy that it is away from the busy Disney hustle and bustle. It feels like home away from home.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Original Poster
Whoops, sorry my mistake.
My brain was using "Standard" and "Value" interchangeably. Ignore my post, then. :)

-Rob

Phew! Kind of panicked there a little ;)... had to double check. You're definitely right in regards to those Value rooms though! We're not even going to try for one. We were going to book a savannah view but after discussing it we wondered if we would really get the value out of it. Instead we're going with the AKL standard studio and we're going on the Wild Africa Trek in AK. :joyfull:

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Original Poster
Start at WL and go to AKL.

The resorts are very similar. I like the peace and quiet at WL and the proximity to MK.

I am really excited about the proximity to MK staying at WL! I like the idea of taking the boat to MK too. I think we're going to stay Friday to Wednesday at WL (hopefully do a Tuesday night MNSSHP) and then stay Wednesday night to Sunday at AKL. At least that's the plan right now.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Original Poster
In our few years of DVC, we really like AKL (Home Resort) the best. I actually enjoy that it is away from the busy Disney hustle and bustle. It feels like home away from home.

We stayed in Jambo House last year and my DH and I both loved it. The lobby took my breath away! Jiko and Sanaa were both wonderful. It was so quiet and relaxing... we'll definitely stay there after WL... like you said get away from the hustle and bustle towards the second half of our trip! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom