Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Mike S

I asked this very same question to a very good friend of mine.... I was told "don't get your hopes up"

So no. I would not expect any announcements anytime soon. I believe Disney has learned their lesson from the avatar disaster. I don't believe they will actually announce what they are doing until they've already started doing it.
Taking a page from Universal I see. I like it. Keeps people guessing what it will be. Now if only they could also take the page on building things quickly we would be in business ;)
Does this mean I will get my wish of a Star Wars land that will put HP at Uni to shame?! Please, please?
I can't imagine what would put Diagon Alley to shame but if Disney pulled it off, man would we be in for a treat.

Ignohippo

How is Disney getting away with using Guardians in the park? I thought Universal had exclusive Marvel rights.

Avengers family. Universal have the theme parks rights to the Avengers family of characters (anyone who has appeared as an Avenger) east of the Mississippi. But, they can't add anything that doesn't already exist without Disney approval.

Since the Guardians haven't ever been part of the Avengers, Disney owns the rights.

Lad

I asked this very same question to a very good friend of mine.... I was told "don't get your hopes up"

So no. I would not expect any announcements anytime soon. I believe Disney has learned their lesson from the avatar disaster. I don't believe they will actually announce what they are doing until they've already started doing it.

It sounds like they don't even know what they're doing yet.

It's unfortunate because with the amount of things that are closing, have already closed, or are rumored to close/change at the Studios, this would be the perfect time to make an announcement. When you're charging 94 dollars for a one day ticket to a park that didn't have a ton of attractions to begin with, and continues to lose more, I think there should be an explanation.

Kev1417

so what will happen with all the merchanise with the hat on there? think about how much money will be lost. there is so much crap with that stupid hat on it. bring back the water tower?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Considering it's almost November and early 2015 would mean by March, shouldn't that date be announced soon? And if this is true, it needs to be done and the area cleaned up before Star Wars weekend starts in May.

They really wouldn't have to announce the closing to anyone but the CM's and they would have to give them more then a week or two notice.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Taking a page from Universal I see. I like it. Keeps people guessing what it will be. Now if only they could also take the page on building things quickly we would be in business ;)

I can't imagine what would put Diagon Alley to shame but if Disney pulled it off, man would we be in for a treat.

Wouldn't we.... And Disney can do it, if they have the will.

GrumpyFan

I wonder if they're keeping the official announcement under wraps for reasons of secrecy or still evolving plans?

doctornick

It can't be long for LMA. It would be right in the middle of whatever gets put in that area (I'm expecting Pixar :))

Not necessarily. If they keep SoA intact, then they don't have to close LMA in the short term. The footprint of the former Backlot Tour is pretty large and they could do a lot of building on that space while maintaining access for guests to LMA.

Mike S

Happy about the hat being removed, but definitely not thrilled about the rumors regarding a GMR replacement involving predominantly video screens. Not against a GotG ride at the park, but there's plenty of wasted space elsewhere in the park for that without replacing a classic animatronics heavy ride...
I assumed that was a joke....... Was he serious? o_O

aladdin2007

Happy about the hat being removed, but definitely not thrilled about the rumors regarding a GMR replacement involving predominantly video screens. Not against a GotG ride at the park, but there's plenty of wasted space elsewhere in the park for that without replacing a classic animatronics heavy ride...

seriously TDO would love to rid of animatronics so they dont have to pay on upkeep, they would if they could on all of them.

doctornick

As long as it's multiple movies I'll be happy. No sense in the Chinese theater ONLY for GotG. Maybe make the last scene change each year to showcase what Disneu film is being released?

Yeah, I don't mind the idea of a Ratatouille type ride with the premise of being sucked into a movie, but I don't know if I'd like it to be themed to GotG. I terribly enjoy GotG, but that's not a good location for that theme.

Different movies, with one of them being GotG? I can see that.

MerlinTheGoat

I assumed that was a joke....... Was he serious? o_O
I have no clue. I'm not even caught up with these threads to know where the rumor came from, but I assumed it had a basis in reality given that people have mentioned it. I sincerely hope the source was joking. But as aladdin2007 said, TDO and Disney in general would love to kill off the animatronics if they could. And Ratatouille is almost entirely screen based, I don't think there are any AA's at all in it and really not a ton of physical sets even compared to Gringotts.

For all the praise Universal is getting, i'm not satisfied with this trend to replace everything with video screens. No matter how well done they are. Even Shanghai's new version of Pirates of the Caribbean is rumored to be heavily screen based instead of relying on physical sets and characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom