Trip Report October Trip report

Hi Folks!....Just got back with the wife from a 7 day trip yesterday, and I wanted to post some thoughts.

We've gone to WDW for the past several years in October, and I have to say, I've not seen it this crowded before!....it wasn't as crowded as say Christmas or late springtime.....but we always went in October for the lower than usual crowds. But this year it was noticeably crowded than we're used to. I can't put a finger on what it might be, although I have some theories...Frozen, slightly better economy, Snow White Seven dwarfs Ride.....what do you guys think?

The food and wine festival was great as usual, and the Eat to the Beat had Smash Mouth playing while we were there....fantastic!! .....My only gripe was that it appears the serving size of the food at the various vendors for this festival looks smaller then before! I figured paying an average of 4 to 6 dollars would give at least several bites worth....but I gulped down most items in three to four bites. Oh well, I don't expect the prices to get cheaper, so I'll have to grin and bear it I guess....

Speaking of the new Seven Dwarfs ride, I couldn't get any FP+ for the days I was there, so my plan was to be at the park at rope-drop and then high tail it to the ride shoving aside kids and old-folks..:p....just kidding on that shoving part!.....But seriously, my plan to high-tail it to the ride was foiled and here's why........Afer the rope dropped and people started walking into the tunnel under the railway, they had several CM's holding another rope acting as barrior and crowd-control/flow directors. Basically everyone had to stay behind these CM's all the way up Main street, up to and through Cinderella's Castle, and right into Fantasy-Land, where additional CM's directed the crowd towards the Seven Dwarfs ride. I felt like part of a cattle-herd!! .....here's a YouTube video someone posted so check it out when you can to get a visual of what I'm talking about......

....all-in-all it was another great trip, although I have to consdier if maybe going later in the year might allow us to aviod the bigger crowds in October now. Please feel free to respond with your feedback and/or updates of your own on my impressions! Thanks for reading!!

Clamman73

The key to getting to Mine Train the fastest at rope drop is to be the first people through the right side, stay on the right side of Main street behind the cattle herd, take the spoke of the hub to the right of the castle, and then you're free to walk on your own by Tea Party towards Mine Train entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom