Anybody else feel like there's a lot of griping going on lately?

durangojim

Original Poster
From people constantly complaining about how poor the WDW website is, to MM+ complaints, to complaints about other posters making mistakes about discount dates, what the heck is going on here!? I understand that this is the internet and people like to vent, but I always loved this site because people were excited about Disney and shared their excitement with like minded people. Now it seems like there are cliques on here. The folks who think they could design Disney's webpages better and post daily saying how they could do so, those who hate Magic Bands, those who see nothing but the decline of Disney parks, hotels, food, etc. Is Disney perfect? No, far from it but it's still my go-to destination for my family and me and it's still a great place to vacation, I just wish there was a sub forum called Complaints where everyone could talk about how bad it is and do their Monday morning quarterbacking there.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
From people constantly complaining about how poor the WDW website is, to MM+ complaints, to complaints about other posters making mistakes about discount dates, what the heck is going on here!? .
Actually, I think that's referred to as "opinion, with no response required". I COULD be wrong about that. But I believe that's what it is referred to these days.

mergatroid

From people constantly complaining about how poor the WDW website is, to MM+ complaints, to complaints about other posters making mistakes about discount dates, what the heck is going on here!? I understand that this is the internet and people like to vent, but I always loved this site because people were excited about Disney and shared their excitement with like minded people. Now it seems like there are cliques on here. The folks who think they could design Disney's webpages better and post daily saying how they could do so, those who hate Magic Bands, those who see nothing but the decline of Disney parks, hotels, food, etc. Is Disney perfect? No, far from it but it's still my go-to destination for my family and me and it's still a great place to vacation, I just wish there was a sub forum called Complaints where everyone could talk about how bad it is and do there Monday morning quarterbacking there.

This post should probably have been in two separate paragraphs :angelic:

rsoxguy

If this were a forum that centered on a restaurant called "The Bacon Emporium", or a park called "Free Money Just For Gracing Us With Your Presence", then perhaps complaints would seem out of line. But the fact remains that this is a forum devoted to a theme park organization that touts itself as a place of magical perfection. Consequently, Disney is subject to it's own PR. Individuals sometimes complain because they run out of loving praise when hanging around an internet forum for too many hours without any real magic to which they can cling. It's called reality, and it subjects us to both praise and complaint, joy and pain.

durangojim

Original Poster
If this were a forum that centered on a restaurant called "The Bacon Emporium", or a park called "Free Money Just For Gracing Us With Your Presence", then perhaps complaints would seem out of line. But the fact remains that this is a forum devoted to a theme park organization that touts itself as a place of magical perfection. Consequently, Disney is subject to it's own PR. Individuals sometimes complain because they run out of loving praise when hanging around an internet forum for too many hours without any real magic to which they can cling. It's called reality, and it subjects us to both praise and complaint, joy and pain.
I get that and I don't disagree. I just get tired of seeing the same complaints so frequently. I've been a member of this forum for almost 10 years and don't recall a time where there have been so many complaints so often. I could understand if complaining on forums led to meaningful change but I'm not sure that's the case. It seems like this more of a mob mentality at worst or catharsis at best. Beating a dead horse comes to mind.
It's similar to many committees and boards I sit on. Many people will complain about the problem but offer no solutions. It becomes an echo chamber of negativity.

rsoxguy

I get that and I don't disagree. I just get tired of seeing the same complaints so frequently. I've been a member of this forum for almost 10 years and don't recall a time where there have been so many complaints so often. I could understand if complaining on forums led to meaningful change but I'm not sure that's the case. It seems like this more of a mob mentality at worst or catharsis at best. Beating a dead horse comes to mind.
Yes, but a lack of newness and an abundance of time are a dangerous combination on a discussion forum. Add those factors to the previously mentioned standards that are established by Disney, and...kaboom.

Pixie VaVoom

" Many people will complain about the problem but offer no solutions. It becomes an echo chamber of negativity."

I would like to respectfully disagree. The commenters on this site offer many solutions, if the TDO management would but take heed to their dollar paying customer base. The big ideas that I have read being...

- quit spending big bucks on unnecessary 'magic band technology' that tracks us all like captive deer...and build us some new attractions.
- quit squeezing things into an already full park (MK) and instead flesh out the other 3 parks, again with new attractions, in the vacant areas !!
- don't close down classic and beloved attractions so that you can do a cheap makeover - (maelstrom/frozen), in an effort to pose a fast money grab!!
- Stop all the investing in your own foreign interests and invest in your home base parks in America. the American public is not your cash cow to milk and then throw the cream into China - or Disney Paris!!
- show some loyalty to your Annual Passholders, after all there are lots of other vacation spots to go to...and a lot of folks have voiced the they are gonna go there instead. They are NOT feelin the love.

I offer my respect of your opinion...and there is mine.

durangojim

Original Poster
" Many people will complain about the problem but offer no solutions. It becomes an echo chamber of negativity."

I would like to respectfully disagree. The commenters on this site offer many solutions, if the TDO management would but take heed to their dollar paying customer base. The big ideas that I have read being...

- quit spending big bucks on unnecessary 'magic band technology' that tracks us all like captive deer...and build us some new attractions.
- quit squeezing things into an already full park (MK) and instead flesh out the other 3 parks, again with new attractions, in the vacant areas !!
- don't close down classic and beloved attractions so that you can do a cheap makeover - (maelstrom/frozen), in an effort to pose a fast money grab!!
- Stop all the investing in your own foreign interests and invest in your home base parks in America. the American public is not your cash cow to milk and then throw the cream into China - or Disney Paris!!
- show some loyalty to your Annual Passholders, after all there are lots of other vacation spots to go to...and a lot of folks have voiced the they are gonna go there instead. They are NOT feelin the love.

I offer my respect of your opinion...and there is mine.

I should have said solutions that would be implemented. You listed these solutions but have you sent a letter to Iger or done some research on who you could mail them to at Disney? Maybe you have and maybe some of our members have but I suspect the majority just post stuff on the boards and magically hope someone from Disney comes here and reads them. And please don't feel like I'm attacking you or even disagreeing with what you're saying. I just get tired of complaints.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

I really dislike your avatar. I imagine you're in a biker gang and beat people up on a Saturday night after drinking heavily all day :mad:
My wife recently snapped a pic of a typical Saturday night rumble.
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom