The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

I think I am just jealous because I could not come up with a reality series that would be a hit and in return reap the financial rewards and have my retirement set for life...........

But yes, there is a god.

just like people making millions off of youtube. Totally jealous of some of them especially the ones with the sexy accents.

FutureCEO

Saw this on tumblr and it's good representation of my life

tumblr_n6lw2iUznm1r3kvt1o1_500.png

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have a serious question. If you were head of a company that hasn't had a profit in 20 years? What do you think would happen? And where do you think your stock price would be?

HInt: real company

Amazon

It is difficult to look at a company and look singly at the bottom profit line. Amazon had NET profits of over 270 million last year. But what one should also add into that equation is the the assets they have accumulated over the last 20 years, basically starting at zero now well over 40 BILLION.

You have to look at the business model of Amazon and more importantly their Business Plan. Their Plan calls for reinvesting their profits for growth while accumulating assets. So it isn't that they have not turned an amazing profit it is the end goal to reinvest rather than distribute the profits. Disney did this for years at Walt Disney World. Turning amazing profits and for several decades reinvesting the profits into the parks, now taking profits more than interest in reinvesting. Walmart is very similar to Amazon, not distributing but reinvesting and making their profits also by questionable work conditions and extremely low wages for their worker bees. Walmart continued their growth through profits. Amazon and Walmart had similar business plans. McDonalds another mega corporation started the same business model but they started also funding growth with low cost franchising and pulling profits from those. McDonalds again changed their model and started tightening the amount of franchises to shore up the assets.

Gabe1

Do you know what's horrible? When people way older than you shorthand words and everything. It makes me feel I'm alone in this world sometimes.

Ha! That made me laugh. Social media onset brought back shorthand actually. We, way older have shorthanded words forever, centuries before this. If you look at journalists notes of way older folks they were shorted in many forms especially long before the portable transistor recording devices. It is just the younger folk caught onto a practice that goes back to ancient Greece.

Gabe1

I think I am just jealous because I could not come up with a reality series that would be a hit and in return reap the financial rewards and have my retirement set for life...........

But yes, there is a god.

But dear 'ole Honey's life story is yet to play out. All this isn't likely to turn out a well adjusted human the way Ron Howard escaped and went onto a productive life. I wonder equally how Jon, Kate's eight will move into adulthood.
But worse and more similar to Honey is the untold story of JonBenet Ramsey. Just makes ya wonder what will become of these reality kids on down the road.

donaldtoo

ooops wrong it was Houston Texas

http://kdal610.com/news/articles/20...urder-suicide-at-houston-hospital-police-say/

Dallas but this was my error, it was Houston, so I'll just send the good karma to Texas as a whole

But I just got another alert on my CNN feed about another one, maybe NY???? I didn't open it.

Yea, we were googling "more ebola in Dallas".

Just now saw this, in your post. Didn't hear about it yesterday at all. Sick, and sad.

Unfortunately, looks like that one has been confirmed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom