Whats the best dinner in Universal?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
Heading to universal soon and the parks close at 7 on sat.. so i'm thinking of going to a dinner around the area.. whats your fav dinner spot in Universal or nearby?

When in disney i love everything from Ohanas, to Boma, hoop dee doo, all the way down to just hitting up gastons tavern.. so anyplace fun with some cool theming would be great.

danpam1024

Vivo and Antonjito's in CW are great as well. I love Bob Marleys, but the service is WAY SLOW- still very friendly and I love sitting near the courtyard.

Ranch Dressing

Mythos is the only dining option that has a strong theme and is actually good. Several years ago it was a four diamond holder from AAA. I dont believe any other dining option on Universal property has ever held such, or any comparible distinction.

Kaertos

Just don't try to eat late at City Walk. We were bounced from couple of places because, despite everything saying they were open late, their kitchen closed early. Thank goodness for the Hard Rock.

Thumper14

The atmosphere at Moe's Tavern is hard to beat.
The food isn't great, but you are in a theme park.
The beer is cold!
Overall the best dinner we had was at Margaretville.
We sat on the terrace and enjoyed the live music.
We stumbled in on our way back to the hotel one hot afternoon, and loved it.

stevehousse

We always enjoy Margaritaville when we venture over there! Good food, huge portions, great music and a fun place to be! Their adult drinks r really good too!

Disneyhead'71

Emeril's Tchoup Chop: Polynesian/Modern Pacific Rim Cuisine.

TchoupChop_Inside.jpg

BiCE: Italian

bice2.jpg

Palm: Premier Steakhouse

DvmIcpgwkdKEzN-640m.jpg

Emeril's Orlando: American favoring New Orleans.

Emerils%20Orlando%201_0.jpg

These are UOR's Signature Restaurants. They are all 4 star and all of them but Emeril's Orlando enforce a "Resort Casual" dress code.

And I have to say, my favorite is Palm. But BiCE is a close second. Everyone seems to love Tchoup Chop, myself included.

Last edited:

Bairstow

Mythos doesn't have exceptional food, but their prices are really good. Probably too low, really.
Still, a cut above most of Disney's table-service options.
It's a must-see due to Jordan Mozer's amazing decor work, but you may want to do lunch there rather than dinner.

Three Broomsticks was ok, but nothing special. The ribs I had were subpar but the potatoes and roast corn were tasty.
Definitely go to the bar and check out the boar and you'll be getting the best part of the themeing.

Thunder Falls Terrace at Jurassic Park has pretty much the same food options and will probably have a much shorter line to order.
The right side of the dining area, the one that faces the splashdown zone from the ride, is really neat and relaxing.

Springfield/Moe's Tavern is pretty fun, and has some unique choices like calamari and chicken/waffle sandwhiches.
The decor is fun too, if you watch the show, but I really wish the loop of clips that play on TVs was a lot longer. We saw the same short clip loops at least 3 times while we were there.

The Leaky Cauldron has fun "wizard food" options- most of it a theme park take on pub grub.
Not a must-do but far more interesting than the typical burger choices.

Bob Marley: a Tribute to Freedom has some nice options if you like Jamaican food or want to try it. You may want to request that they prepare the food hotter than normal if you eat a lot of Jamaican food, though- it's normally pretty mild to appeal to tourists.Their prices are on the low side of CityWalk's table-service offerings.
Just be aware that it gets loud in there when the band goes on stage.

tribbleorlfl

Mythos doesn't have exceptional food, but their prices are really good. Probably too low, really.
Still, a cut above most of Disney's table-service options.
It's a must-see due to Jordan Mozer's amazing decor work, but you may want to do lunch there rather than dinner.

The Leaky Cauldron has fun "wizard food" options- most of it a theme park take on pub grub.
Not a must-do but far more interesting than the typical burger choices.
If you were talking about 10-15 years ago (when I was one of the lead cooks at Mythos), I'd agree with you. At that time, everything but a few items was made from scratch in-house. The core kitchen staff that helped it gather its reputation and awards is long gone and the menu fell victim to GE/Comcast 's crusade on food cost. The menu is much smaller than it used to be, the balance is sandwiches and frankly nowhere near as unique. The last couple meals I had weren't up to the standards I helped to set. Still the best option inside the UO parks, though.

Regarding LC, we went there for the first time on Saturday. I'm with you, much better than normal theme park QS fare, but I still walked away disappointed.

First, I found the prices and value to be poor. For my family of 4 (2 adult entrees, 2 kids meals, 3 drinks and a desert to share), it was $65. It was sticker shock to be sure, as I have never paid that much at a QS location before (just the night before we had a similar dinner at the AS Sports food court for $45). The sausages on my bangers and mash were slightly larger than a breakfast sausage, and the veg (peas and a carrot and turnip blend) was best described as a garnish rather than a side dish. The kids meals were $7, came with 3 oz of applesauce and 8 grapes as sides and didn't come w/ a drink.

Quality fared better in my book, with a few exceptions. Many online reviews mentioned they suspected the mash on the pies and w/ the bangers were powdered. This is absolutely true and disappointing as Uni used to use a frozen, pre-made product that was just a step below scratch-made mash but superior to patato pearls in every way. The peas were suppose to have mint in them per the menu, but I didn't taste any. My wife had a few threads of chiffonade mint sprinkled on top of hers, but not enough to really provide much flavor. My daughter's Mac and cheese was dry and flavorless.

I'm also not at all a fan of the hybrid as concept LC and BOG use. Just inefficient.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom