Windows talk

lazyboy97o

Sitting here thinking about it, Metro should have been something I loved. I only use a few applications in Windows and they would all be right there in front of me. My only real answer is that it just was not a familiar desktop experience. I have a 27" display, so it just seems liked too much and that small number of applications can easily be pinned to the task bar. I also like my icons and dock in OS X on the smaller side. Windows 10 is just nice and familiar, especially for all of the people who wasted time learning computers from half baked courses and do not want to explore other methods.

lazyboy97o

I'm getting a lot of garbled text in the latest build of Windows 10 that was released a few days ago. I was initially very impressed with how well Windows 10 was working.

StarWarsGirl

Metro got annoying for some users, I did not like having to change my screen to open another program. While it's nice to look at, the extra seconds can get annoying. This is why I am all for Metro being implemented into the start menu.
I use Metro a lot on my RT. Not so much on my laptop. I use the mail app on my laptop and that's about it.

Jahona

I'm getting a lot of garbled text in the latest build of Windows 10 that was released a few days ago. I was initially very impressed with how well Windows 10 was working.

I'll have to check this out. I've been out of town and haven't had a chance to update.

willtravel

I have a HP laptop with Windows 7. I have noticed that I am getting bombarded with AD Choices every where I go now on my laptop. Even with my checking account on line. I have read that Malwarebytes will take care of getting rid of this but has not. I cannot find anything that is installed in my programs either. Anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this?

Jahona

No anti-virus / anti-malware works 100% at removing infections. Malwarebytes does a really good job for the most part. Have you tried switching web browsers to see if the advertisements still appear?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It's actually funny as @englanddg pointed out. They are leaving IE11 for Backwards compatibility, but they foobared IE backwards compatibility in EI11. Oh windows..
They didn't learn with Bing.

404a4f8623fe8e7e25f919fb2875f9371b34476b86cf576491d8bb7771d4a645.jpg

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I have a co-worker that swears by Bing.. That is all I am gonna say.
<shrug> It's not all that bad, but when they started sliding the "Bing Search Utility" into Windows Update, I find that a bit annoying.

In some ways I like Bing maps a lot, and it's a decent search engine...

Voxel

President of Progress City
<shrug> It's not all that bad, but when they started sliding the "Bing Search Utility" into Windows Update, I find that a bit annoying.

In some ways I like Bing maps a lot, and it's a decent search engine...
My issue with Bing map is that it "slides" to much when you move about on a slow connection.

StarWarsGirl

I have a co-worker that swears by Bing.. That is all I am gonna say.
I like Bing. I feel like it comes up with more relevant search results than Google. And the fact that I signed up for Bing rewards and then forgot about it and then when I remembered was able to download $15 worth of Amazon.com gift cards did not hurt my opinion about Bing either.

I still prefer Google maps and have Google voice search on my phone.

Jahona

I actually don't mind Bing. I used it for a time at one of the places I worked at and it was decent. I've been using Google since the 90s and it's hard to break the habit.

If you ever use Yahoo search your using Bing as well. A few years ago Microsoft and Yahoo made a partnership. Microsoft would work on the search engine and Yahoo would work on advertising.

lazyboy97o

Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8 users for the first year.
It will be interesting to see how they handle upgrades for enterprise customers. That is a lot of potential upgrade fees, but also the segment that steadfastly refuses to upgrade. Which will cost more money, continuing to support old software for these businesses or giving them a good incentive to upgrade to Windows 10?

Voxel

President of Progress City
It will be interesting to see how they handle upgrades for enterprise customers. That is a lot of potential upgrade fees, but also the segment that steadfastly refuses to upgrade. Which will cost more money, continuing to support old software for these businesses or giving them a good incentive to upgrade to Windows 10?
You pinned it right there. Most enterprise customers will wait 6 month at the least or more to validate new security software and access software behave the way they want it to and by the time that those softwares have been validated and approved them windows 10 will be out of that free zone. Atleast this was my experience with the last windows 7 to windows 8 it too over a year for the school to start handing out enterprise windows 8, for a while I had to get my MAC address on a no-watch list so that my computer could bypass the safe connect access that the school required

lazyboy97o

You pinned it right there. Most enterprise customers will wait 6 month at the least or more to validate new security software and access software behave the way they want it to and by the time that those softwares have been validated and approved them windows 10 will be out of that free zone. Atleast this was my experience with the last windows 7 to windows 8 it too over a year for the school to start handing out enterprise windows 8, for a while I had to get my MAC address on a no-watch list so that my computer could bypass the safe connect access that the school required
The Enterprise versions of Windows will never be in the free zone. The free upgrade is for consumers (and businesses running the consumer versions).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom