Avengers: Age of Ultron

Gomer

Gomer, I have to ask...what is your opinion on the X-Men franchise? I'm just curious as someone who enjoyed MOST of the films in this series but was never a huge fan of the comics. I had to laugh a bit inside because of how you described Quicksilver in X-Men, that is exactly how I feel about the recent crop of Marvel films. When you said "they go a bit too far into the comical"...that right there is how I describe Whedon's style of writing. His banter style of humor just gets to me the same way. I think to myself "Why are these characters acting like they're auditioning for an episode on The Big Bang Theory?"

Is that what the rumors have been? I figured Joss would have been around for the long hall, seeing as they fly him in to re-write other films and all. But I would be all over the Russo's taking over, even though I understand how you feel about someone who was as successful as Joss passing the torch. In your eyes, Whedon has done an amazing job with the MCU and he should continue, I can respect that. I feel the same way about Edgar Wright leaving Ant-Man. He's one of my top three favorite directors and the idea of him doing a Marvel film sent shivers down my spine! I too am looking forward to the outcome of Capt 3....the start of Civil War will be epic! It's just too bad Spider-Man has to watch from the sidelines...he was really the star of that particular series.

I have a love hate relationship with the X-Men franchise. I really like some of the things they've done and hate others. Often in the same movie. (Except for X-3...that's just garbage). All in all though, it always feels like its missing something. The action has never felt as visceral and kinetic as it should. Characters not named wolverine are never fleshed out or altered significantly to make them secondary. The social themes are often either swept aside or too heavy handed. If any franchise could benefit from the MCU style of individual movies building to a big team up, X-Men could have. Instead, they often feel rushed or over-simplistic. That said, I love X-2 and really liked both First Class and DoFP. They just always feel a little forced.

As for the MCU, I'll throw this in spoiler tags just in case its true. Don't read if you don't want to know the rumored path of the MCU over the next 7 years or so.

Current Rumors have Whedon leaving after A2 and handing over the reigns to the Russos. Cap 3 will start the Civil War story which will be continued into Avengers 3 which will have a mostly different cast of Avengers than Avengers 1 did. This is supposedly Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ms Marvel, Ant-Man and possibly a couple others. (That will allow the current crop of Avengers to have their contracts stay active until the next big thing) After that, the entire MCU will crossover in Phase 4 in a Secret Wars style crossover event focusing on Thanos and the Infinity gauntlet. This would involve the new Avengers, Old Avengers, GotG, The Netflix TV stars, and any standalone heroes introduced between now and then (i.e. Dr Strange, Black Panther, etc...)

Take that all with a huge grain of salt though.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The Civil War story is an awesome one! I'm really hoping they are doing a Civil War/Infinity Gauntlet story for Avengers 3. It's going to be so epic!!

Civil War is heavily rumored as part Cap 3 as Iron Man will be in it as well. The mess with Ultron could be leading to that playing out in Cap 3 and beyond. People are also hopeful the rumors of Marvel/Disney and Sony so maybe we will see some Spider Man

erasure fan1

Civil War is heavily rumored as part Cap 3 as Iron Man will be in it as well. The mess with Ultron could be leading to that playing out in Cap 3 and beyond. People are also hopeful the rumors of Marvel/Disney and Sony so maybe we will see some Spider Man
I know I am hopeful. I would love to see Garfields spider man with the avengers. I am not holding my breath but its a fun thought anyway.

One question I have about age of ultron is, will they explain Coulson being alive to the avengers, or do they just ignore it. I know he is no listed in the cast list (that I know of). Will Fury at least talk about it? I do hope they at least address it.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I know I am hopeful. I would love to see Garfields spider man with the avengers. I am not holding my breath but its a fun thought anyway.

One question I have about age of ultron is, will they explain Coulson being alive to the avengers, or do they just ignore it. I know he is no listed in the cast list (that I know of). Will Fury at least talk about it? I do hope they at least address it.

Maybe they don't have the proper clearance.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
@AllyInWonderland -

avengers-6.gif

FoozieBear

If they are going with the Civil War story, then I bet they have faith they can get the Spider-Man rights. Spidey is so crucial to that storyline.

Plus, I think they're still going with the Infinity stone story too. Look how much they build it up so far.

Matt_Black

I don't know- even with the Avengers and new characters on SHIELD, the MCU really doesn't have enough super characters yet to make the whole registration act thing fly.

Sped2424

I disagree.
Xavier's son(aka Legion) is way stronger (he alters the reality easily, and in one story line... he destroyed the elder gods who supposedly blessed the scarlet witch)
I guess you mixed the part where I said time to time lol but yeah it all depends on who is writing her.

AllyInWonderland

Original Poster
I'm still adjusting to Ultron's look at the end of the trailer. Honestly, I thought his final form would look like this since that's how they promoted it.
image.jpg

I don't know.... The current look just looks a little off to me. Oh well, I guess I'll get used to it.
image.jpg

image.jpg

doctornick

I don't know- even with the Avengers and new characters on SHIELD, the MCU really doesn't have enough super characters yet to make the whole registration act thing fly.

I think that's a valid point, but they have some time until Cap 3. Plus, we'll also have the Netflix series (Daredevil, et al) start before then, which is an opportunity for more super powered characters to be introduced to the MCU.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom