Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I keep seeing it mentioned in various places that there would be an announcement about this later today. I really can't see Disney announcing something like this unless if was in the context of a bigger DHS makeover announcement.
Agreed on this. I can't see them putting out an announcement just on the hat going away. If they are ready with whatever their "big" makeover plans, I would think that would just be folded into that announcement.
A random Friday in October seems like an odd time to announce their bigger plans, so unless someone else knows some sort of event I'm not thinking about, I would be doubtful on any real announcement today.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Agreed on this. I can't see them putting out an announcement just on the hat going away. If they are ready with whatever their "big" makeover plans, I would think that would just be folded into that announcement.
A random Friday in October seems like an odd time to announce their bigger plans, so unless someone else knows some sort of event I'm not thinking about, I would be doubtful on any real announcement today.

Didn't they announce benches one time?

Also, couldn't a simple tweet qualify as an announcement?

doctornick

Agreed. Just a question, though: didn't they use to do an annual "State of the World" type thing every October where they detailed upcoming changes to WDW?

lazyboy97o

I keep seeing it mentioned in various places that there would be an announcement about this later today. I really can't see Disney announcing something like this unless if was in the context of a bigger DHS makeover announcement.
Friday is typically seen as the day you announce news you want lost and buried. I'd like to say finally killing the stupid thing is not very noteworthy, but such an announcement would probably be made on the DisneyParks Blog whose audience is a lot of the types who think the park needs something "Disney."

Didn't they announce benches one time?

Also, couldn't a simple tweet qualify as an announcement?
A tweet is possible. Did the backlot tour even get that?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Friday is typically seen as the day you announce news you want lost and buried. I'd like to say finally killing the stupid thing is not very noteworthy, but such an announcement would probably be made on the DisneyParks Blog whose audience is a lot of the types who think the park needs something "Disney."

A tweet is possible. Did the backlot tour even get that?

Yup, Friday is "take out the trash day" news wise. It keeps it from sitting in the news cycle during the weekdays. By the end of the weekend the story is gone.

*1023*

PhotoDave219

I've had a bunch of people tell me that this is a done deal, that its actually coming down.

Thing is we've heard this so many darn times in the past 10 years, I just don't believe them.

PhotoDave219

Intercot is reporting it on their twitter feed:

"Breaking News: Sorcerers' hat to be removed at Disney's Hollywood Studios #Disney #WDW #Disneyworld"

They are also saying that the Jack Sparrow attraction is going away.

They don't give a source for this information. There have been a bunch of other Twitter posts about it but most of these seem to trace back to articles about the hat not being on the map in the brochure that was reported here.

This isnt breaking!!!!! This was rumored for TEN YEARS!

I'll believe it when I see it.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
This isnt breaking!!!!! This was rumored for TEN YEARS!

I'll believe it when I see it.

When Lasseter and crew visited a month or so ago, did they stop at the BAH, wander around it, stroking their chins in deep contemplation while scribbling notes on a tablet and take photos? And someone was heard saying, "Bob's going to be ed when he finds out this thing is still here"? :cautious:

Edit: I admit it, I cannot spell, so I've corrected the spelling of John's last name

PhotoDave219

When Lassiter and crew visited a month or so ago, did they stop at the BAH, wander around it, stroking their chins in deep contemplation while scribbling notes on a tablet and take photos? And someone was heard saying, "Bob's going to be ed when he finds out this thing is still here"? :cautious:

No idea. John didnt tell me when we drank listening to Yeehaw Bob.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I was kidding. I was referencing the fact that everyone said they know it's official without their sources.

Anyway, on a real note, the website Intercot is announcing that it's "official". Once again, no sources, but I believe that's where everyone is getting their news from.

Yeah, I think he missed the sarcasm in your post....

LAKid53

Premium Member
If they remove the Hat, what are they going to replace it with? If it has anything to do with Frozen, I wont be going there anymore.

Now you've done it... you mentioned the F word... no, not that F word, the F word that strikes fear in the hearts of Disneyites. You know, the movie that shall not be named. Sorry, JK, sue me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom