Podcasts

Doodlyday

Original Poster
I like to listen to Inside the Magic, WDW Today, The Resortloop.com podcast and some others. Just wondering how many people out there listen to Disney podcasts and if anyone has some good, not-well-known podcasts to recommend.

BJones82

WDW Radio is a good one though I think it is fairly well known, I've been listening to it for about a year and it has a lot of good content and even the old stuff is good to listen too because it is still relevent :)

The Incredible Schmulk

I absolutely love the Disney Hipsters podcast. It's not for everyone, and it's certainly not for kids or work listening without headphones, but man is it irreverent fun. I like nothing more than to listen to a group of friends sitting around a mic and hash things out. And as a bonus, Hipsters Andrew and Adam write and record all of the segment jingles that they use on the show, and they are some fantastic stuff. If this sounds like your cup o' tea, get up on this show. Even their self-proclaimed "weak" episodes are good listening. Andrew and Adam's friends, Keith and Jamie, bring a slightly older perspective to the show, one from the perspective of parents.

I'd like to reiterate, though: this is an R-rated show most episodes, and certainly never tamer than a PG-13. They drink, swear, and make lewd references, but it's all in good fun. My wife and I pour ourselves a beverage or two and listen to them every Sunday night. It's really the best way to do it.

Special note: Andrew, Adam and Keith are all in Disney World right now and they are tweeting like crazy about it. If you want to live vicariously through someone, those three would be excellent people to follow.

SpectroPhoenix

I know there are a lot of people out there who aren't the biggest fans of Lou at wdwradio, but his podcasts have a lot of valuable info. In the early days of the podcast, the show was more of a discussion with rumors and opinions. These days it's more of individual analyses of attractions and events. You can tell that it's biased without any real negative critique of the parks, but Lou is a genuinely nice guy with a great presence. There are some fantastic interviews between him and Disney legends. These alone make his show worthwhile.

tigger1968

I enjoy Communicore Weekly a lot. It's not overly long, about 15 to 30 minutes...lots of segments...and they keep it fun and light. I struggle to get through a 2 hour podcast sometimes...

BJones82

I enjoy Communicore Weekly a lot. It's not overly long, about 15 to 30 minutes...lots of segments...and they keep it fun and light. I struggle to get through a 2 hour podcast sometimes...
lol Lou can be on the long side, especially on his early podcasts but that works for me because I have two four hour drives every week :)

cba

I like to listen to WDW Radio, especially when there's a Top 10 or an interview, even though he is very much Disney biased :p I also recently started listening to Coaster Radio, which basically brings you all around the theme park world including Disney, so its nice to listen to on a long car ride. Warning: Coaster Radio is pretty PG-13, as sometimes they will say an a or b-word. They aren't cursing up a storm, but just be warned.

disneydaddy101

I listen to
Communicore Weekly- History and fun segments
Inside the Magic- For Them Park News
Enchanted Tiki Talk - Awesome Interviews and General Walt Disney World Talk.

Sometimes WDW Radio and Radio Harambe.

I used to listen to Resort Loop but I think they are getting full of themselves.

I also Started Por Favor Podcast. They do some sports talk as well.

bgraham34

I listen to
Communicore Weekly- History and fun segments
Inside the Magic- For Them Park News
Enchanted Tiki Talk - Awesome Interviews and General Walt Disney World Talk.

Sometimes WDW Radio and Radio Harambe.

I used to listen to Resort Loop but I think they are getting full of themselves.

I also Started Por Favor Podcast. They do some sports talk as well.

I Love Enchanted Tiki Talk as well. They do have some great guests. I loved their Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Jim Brickman Interview.

Inside the Magic is very good as well. Great park info and I love that you get more than just Disney.

Horizons1

Lemme tell ya, when you run a podcast and talk about how great Disney is they send a lot of free stuff your way. I love you Disney! You are the best!

lilclerk

Anyone listen to DIS Unplugged?
Ech, I can't stand them .

I listen to a stupid amount of podcasts, mostly comedy. I put them on in the background instead of music while I'm working or driving or cleaning the kitchen or whatever.

I've pared way down on Disney ones because they're often either too positive or too negative for me. Like the people on the DIS are too angry, IMO. Maybe I just listened to them in an off year, but jeez, they ranted about eeeeverything. And then you have Lou from WDWRadio and whatshisface from ITM who have well-produced shows, but they're too schmoozy and BS all over the place. I feel like I'm listening to a sales pitch.

Here are the Disney ones that I still subscribe to: Be Our Guest, Communicore Weekly, The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish, WDWToday, WEDWay Radio... that's it. These shows clearly all love Disney, but they still keep it real IMO. Plus they can be silly (intentionally.) I like silly people.
I liked the Disney Hipsters, they were fun, but I was listening when they first started and the sound quality was awful. I tried to stick with them, but I couldn't stand it.

lazyboy97o

The Season Pass Podcast. It is now almost all interviews with people from across the themed entertainment industry. The archive includes present and former Imagineers like Joe Rhode, Tim Delaney, Rick Rothschild, Barry Braverman, Tom Morris and of course the epic, two year spanning, like six hour total interviews with Tony Baxter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom