Disneyland Paris Half Marathon - September 2015?

Ariel484

Original Poster
I've seen this a few other places, but for this post I'm taking the info from the blog Running At Disney:

Running at Disney said:
After months and months of speculation, it looks like the rumors of the 1st Disneyland Paris Half Marathon are finally going to come true in September 2015!!

Following a Cast Member Fun Run through the Walt Disney Studios Park at the Disneyland Paris Resort today, a cast member posted a photo on Instagram holding this button.
Disneyland-Paris-Half-Marathon-Button-runDisney-500x486.png

Disneyland-Paris-Half-Marathon-runDisney-Button-500x486.jpg

http://runningatdisney.com/2014/05/...rathon-is-coming-in-september-2015-get-ready/

Aaaaand now I need to start saving my cash to go to Paris...:greedy:

FerretAfros

I've seen that a few places, but wouldn't put too much credit in it yet. I would guess that it's a non-runDisney race that just happens to be Disney branded, like the old WDW Triathlon or the Disney Magic Run in Brazil, both of which were done by outside contractors. Although the colors of the button are right, I think it's really suspicious that it doesn't say runDisney anywhere on it

I also think it's odd that they would be handing out buttons to CMs (presumably so they can wear them in public) without making an announcement first. We all know how much rD likes to make a big deal out of nothing, so I can't see them doing this and essentially making nothing out of a big deal

dreamfinder

Doesn't match their style. And the bib looks more like something someone printed out on their office printer and stuck it on with a safety pin. And wouldn't they have used French or at least French/English on the button?

As much as I'd love to see this happen, just seems fishy.

Ariel484

Original Poster
Totally see your points, but I stand by posting it. The rumors that Paris is getting a race weekend in the fall have been around for awhile now, and this was the first thing I saw that looked like sort of a hint that it may be happening. Or maybe it's the CM pulling a pretty elaborate prank. Who knows.

At least my source isn't a WDW bus driver! :)

Mad Stitch

So this is interesting should a DLP race happen.

Law #99-223 on protecting the health of sportsmen and on preventing the consumption of illicit drugs was passed by the French National Assembly on March 23, 1999.
Under the provisions of this new law, all French or non-French runners are required to produce proof of their fitness to participate in running competitions. Such proof must be in the form of a medical certificate issued by a doctor following a medical examination.

JillC LI

It's looking pretty positive that our family will be visiting DLP for one day in July 2015! We're surprising the kids with their first trip to Europe, including Paris, and how can we not go to DLP if we are going to be in Paris?! Probably going to book the airline tickets this weekend. So excited.

Last edited:

LindsayLoves

All the folks who run the Paris Marathon have had to do this for years. It is the most basic form letter that your doctor signs and stamps, yes it is an extra step but unless you are on the verge of a heart attack I think most doctors here in the states would sign that. Heck my doctor offers to give me a week or two off from work if I am ever sick (which I have yet to take him up on).

dreamfinder

If they choose to not award the top 3, and instead simply issue finishers medals, is it still considered a competition? Although as @LindsayLoves says, a basic form letter is no big deal for most PCPs. Can't be any worse than the hoards of sport exams they need to at the end of every summer for high school athletes.

FerretAfros

For what it's worth, I was at the Marine Corps Marathon expo yesterday and asked the runDisney rep if there was any potential for a Paris race. In a very diplomatic but enthusiastic way she said "I think that's a great idea! But I'm based in California so I'm not really in the loop on those sorts of things"

She also said that the Star Wars medals will probably make their debut at the Wine & Dine expo

Mad Stitch

I'm going to walk back to France at the W&D after party. It their going to start dropping clues that would be a good time and place to do so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom