Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Why would they get rid of this??

Yeah... GMR is in need of an update but not an outright demolition. Not sure what they would use as the "weenie" if they got rid of the theater. From the front gate to the theater was a great walk through hollywood until the BAH.... It was almost akin to Main Street USA....Great now I have that song in my head...

*1023*

Cesar R M

Then there's this tweet:

David Landon ‏@futureprobe1982 7m7 minutes ago
Sorcerer's Hat to be replaced by a three-story MagicBand.
GaSjryD.gif

how does that improve the situation.

muteki

So, they are closing things down supposedly but is this going to be nothing in it's place for 5-10 years? I can see closing something tearing out, and then start building right away. But I hope these are not just going to stand empty until they decides to spend some money.
In this case empty space where the hat stands today would actually be preferable.

PhilharMagician

I've heard that it is indeed happening. Official announcement later today. Other sites are reporting, but I also heard this from an inside source of mine.

Seems to be inline with the reimagining of DHS planned for the next several years. Closing backlot. Removing sorcerer's hat. Heard from same source that GMR is one of the next on the chopping block. Lots (of good things) in store for DHS over the next 5 years or so....

I hope that GMR does not hit the chopping block. Update it, just don't remove it.

That would hurt if they remove the hat to finally reopen the view of the GMR to only have it removed.:bawling: :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom