The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

Agree, these movies love to build the suspense.. new ones rely way too much on either terrible gory scenes... or just way too many jump scares.

I wonder if you seen "The Conjuring".
No. I stay away from the kind of movies for many reasons, but one being I work the graveyard shift in hospitals where I don't need any extra influence if you catch my drift.

FutureCEO

I have a serious question. If you were head of a company that hasn't had a profit in 20 years? What do you think would happen? And where do you think your stock price would be?

HInt: real company

Amazon

FutureCEO

Speaking of: I made my trip arrangements to go for my annual WDW trip in May! DD might not be able to go because of school so it might just be me and my son. Hopefullly she can still manage to come for 5 to 7 days of our trip.

When are you going in May? We go then too. Whether or not I go is another question.

Cesar R M

The primary sales demographic for Toys R Us is children. Although I agree that some parents need to do a better job of watching their kids, I also believe that a store catering to children, has a responsibility to take reasonable steps to consider what items they display.

I don't have children, but I remember how careful my own parents were to shield me from things that were inappropriate for children to see. My hunch is that if I was still a kid now, with my same parents, and we walked into a toy store and saw those "toys", my parents would have quickly whisked me away to another aisle. And they probably would have marched up to the customer service desk and demanded to see the manager of the store, to complain about the offensive items.

If the toy store insisted on carrying these items, then they should have been kept them in a separate area of the store (a cordoned off area with perhaps a turnstyle) that required age identification from customers to enter (adult only, or 16+).
or just keep the toys in the "back area" and only show the catalogue to adults.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
or just keep the toys in the "back area" and only show the catalogue to adults.
I'm not a fan of toys with meth in a kids venue. Wouldn't want *adult* films in back room and catalog pick'ns either. Nor would i want toys like this sold at disney either for the same reason. I look at it as there are plenty of *adult* only retails and mail orders where the small demographic of adults that want toys with meth accessories can go that places like Toys R Us just shouldn't. There are minors that work there too.

StarWarsGirl

seahawk7

So I'm thinking of reading Gone Girl then seeing the movie. Anyone read it yet? I heard it is a slow starter but then gets good.

StarWarsGirl

10646858_10150627410909945_2992960024892464337_n.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Do you know what's horrible? When people way older than you shorthand words and everything. It makes me feel I'm alone in this world sometimes.
Haha, yes my mother and my grandmother use way more shorthand than I do. My grandmother uses it less since she got her iPhone, but sometimes she still uses shorthand. She also once sent me an email with the entire content on the subject line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom