Land and Sea vacation

magicwand

I just got back from WL and, although it was okay, the rain sure put a damper on the vacation. I am now thinking about possibly taking a Disney cruise combined with Disney World. Does anyone know if they still offer the "packages" to do this or would I have to combine 2 separate vacations to make this work?

DisneyJoe

It's best to combine 2 separate vacations; it gives you the best pricing and flexibility.

Most recommend doing the parks first as that is more active and then relax more on DCL.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

It's best to combine 2 separate vacations; it gives you the best pricing and flexibility.

Most recommend doing the parks first as that is more active and then relax more on DCL.
Yep. And you can set up with DCL to have them pick you up at a Disney resort to take you to the cruise terminal (and back to the airport on departure day).

Upvote 0

andy773

We just did this in April 2014 and booked them separately. It gave us more flexibility and control. I think we were able to do it cheaper that way too.

I agree with the recommendation to do the cruise after Disney World. That was how we did it and it worked out great. We would have been exhausted if we had done it the other way around.

For transportation between WDW and Port Canaveral there are several options. Using Disney's transportation to Port Canaveral is $35 per person each way. There were six of us, so we hired a limo from www.fltours.com. With tip it was $240 from WDW to the port. From the port back to MCO was only $228, including the tip. So for just a little more, we got limo service. It was a nice treat. And FL Tours was great. Easy to arrange, right on time, courteous, and they didn't bill us anything until they had dropped us off (no deposit was required for the reservation).

Upvote 0

namal

If there's no beach access at Poly, I sure hope Disney is giving nice discounts to those guests willing to stay there during all that construction.

Upvote 0
we did the 1/2 Disneycruise 1/2 disneyworld a few years ago....wow was it expensive

we were not overly impressed with the cruise part.....castaway cay is great....but the rest of the cruise was blah...my kids were bored......we did a 7 day Carnival cruise this past summer and we thought there was more family things to do with Carnival.....i would Not do a Disney cruise again....for the extra cost i feel you get less than w/ carnival.....we Will do a Carnival cruise again though...

id have no problems doing a 1/2 cruise 1/2 disney again....but id do a 4 day carnival cruise for 1/2 price

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There is no discount for the Land & Sea package, according to Disney Cruise Line; DCL doesn't have access to Disney Travel, so you are going to pay full rack rate for your rooms. And no discount is offered for your stateroom on the ship. I originally booked the Land/Sea package through DCL, but later cancelled the resort room when discounts were released - the price of the cruise portion did not change. So like everyone else commented, book the WDW portion separately from the cruise portion. And take the Disney bus to/from the cruise - parking @ Port Canaveral is $15 a day. Our land/sea vacation starts on Monday (WDW first, then leaving on the Disney Dream on Halloween) and we are psyched!

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good idea to do both. We did our first cruise this past June and had a blast. We had stayed at WDW for 6 nights first and I'm glad we did the parks first. When we left the cruise ship we were so relaxed it would have been tough to put it in "go" mode at the parks.

Upvote 0

wendysue

We did the parks/cruise thing many years ago when the ships were much smaller. The crew said they had never sailed in seas so rough. The ship was listing so badly that at dinner, you felt like you might want to catch your water glass if it started sliding. Some passengers had trouble walking though the corridors and many people were sick. Our cheapskate friends booked cabins on the bottom floor (or it seemed that far down) and our the drains in our bathroom were backing up with an inch or more of water standing.
That was IT as far as cruising for me. :( Never felt the need to try it again, although others from our group have and enjoyed them.

Upvote 0

magicwand

Original Poster
I should have mentioned that I have already done a Disney cruise and parks combination but that was a long time ago when they used to be able to book them together as a package. I just wondered if they still did but apparently not. I did a basic concept of what I thought it would end up costing and, wow, probably very expensive. I just got a PIN from Disney so I may just book "the world" for a longer trip. I really want to go back on the cruise though..... decisions, decisions.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom