30 Days of Disney - Day 22 - most underrated movie

The4mousekeeters

Original Poster
tumblr_inline_n5ptkaNgZZ1r211m0.jpg

Princess and the Frog - such a great movie, but doesn't get much love from everyone

tcool

Home on the Range - sure its not the best Disney Movie nor can it be the worst Disney Movie, but what it passes with flying colors are the songs and that what make be like the movie so much.

FettFan

1. The Great Mouse Detective.
You could tell that Vincent Price was having an absolute field day with his recording sessions.

In fact, I would nominate Ratigan as one of the greatest Disney villains.

2. The Rescuers Down Under
A lot of folks point to Beauty and the Beast or The Lion King as an example of great animation....and while those two are great visually, I think Rescuers Down Under beats them hands-down. I mean heck, just LOOK at the flying sequence with Cody and Marahute.

Tobe

Agree that Princess and the Frog deserved a lot more love than it received. Loved that movie. But my vote for underrated movie is Treasure Planet. I thought that it was a fairly creative way to update a classic story.

Animaniac93-98

It's hard to choose a single underrated movie because, outside of a couple dozen titles, Disney ignores most of its filmography for the sake of marketing convienience. That leaves many without any acknowledgement or much appreciation.

Cmdr_Crimson

Disney's Rocketman..Say what you will about this film.. But, I Love love love love this movie...If it ever pops up on TV I watch it and it has a cult following for it's adult humor for a Disney PG Film...And wouldn't you know it they had my 3 favorite clips on Youtube...Very conveinent!

The Isolation Chamber....

He's Got the whole world in His Hands

And last but not least...Farting in the space suit..

Matt_Black

While I love Hunchback, it was the fifth highest grossing film of 1996, so I'm not sure it's underrated. It's certainly underrated in comparison to the other films of the Disney Renaissance, but overall? Hmm...

No, I'm going with Treasure Planet. Gorgeous animation and character design, and this was the first Treasure Island adaptation where Jim lets Silver go and I don't say to myself, "Jim, you're a schmuck; he played you!" In this, that ending is totally earned. Plus, Captain Amalia is AWESOME.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom