Little girls in princess dresses

KIsAPrincess

Mine loves to wear hers anytime we go! We have gone at various parts of the year and I have had no complaints from her. She doesn't like it, but I make her wear sneakers. I bought her pink Chuck Taylor's to wear and she gets a lot of compliments. I do think it depends on the child though. it won't hurt to have a back up outfit just in case.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We went in the winterand my DD wore leggings and a long sleeve under her princess dress - no scratching. We had a stroller so if she had wanted to take it off I would have just folded up and put it in the bottom. Our dress were also shorter not the floor length ones. We also have done tutu skirts with a character T-shirt. A cute sundress can make them feel princessy too. We also get princess or sparkly tennis shoes so they look more "princessy" but at good for walking around all day.

Photo1001FourBySix.jpg wdw201330818182504.jpeg

Figaro928

When we went last time, my daughter ROCKED tutus with coordinating t-shirts- and then coordinated the outfits with her younger brother's. It was comfortable, easy and super cute!

She had a buzz lightyear shirt with a purple tutu while her brother had a Woody tee

Minnie shirt with red tutu; her brother in mickey

Cruella Deville shirt with black and white tutu; her brother in a polkadot puppy shirt

Ariel shirt with turquiose tutu; her brother in a yellow and blue striped shirt

and a Lighting McQueen shirt with red tutu; her brother in a Mater Tee

MotherofaPrincessLover

When we went last time, my daughter ROCKED tutus with coordinating t-shirts- and then coordinated the outfits with her younger brother's. It was comfortable, easy and super cute!

She had a buzz lightyear shirt with a purple tutu while her brother had a Woody tee

Minnie shirt with red tutu; her brother in mickey

Cruella Deville shirt with black and white tutu; her brother in a polkadot puppy shirt

Ariel shirt with turquiose tutu; her brother in a yellow and blue striped shirt

and a Lighting McQueen shirt with red tutu; her brother in a Mater Tee
That sounds beyond adorable.

Last time we went, my eldest was 3 and she ran around in the Rapunzel dress all day long. We kept her t-shirt and shorts underneath. It was short-sleeved, so the costume didn't touch her skin. She held out and was as happy as a pig in crap all day long.

This week I'm planning on letting her wear the dress however long she wants. I'll have a bag to carry her indecision ;) I bet she'll wear it though. She's going to flip out (still doesn't know).

YoJDew

My nugget (see avatar) never takes off her Elsa dress, not even while climbing all over the furniture and shouting "Look Mommy! I'm just like Merida!" Yes, darling. Yes you are. Now if you could just maybe NOT hang off of the blinds... that would be awesome...

By the time we get to our Disney vacay in mid-December, that Elsa dress will be in rags. I just bought her a Merida costume at the Disney Store in Times Square (it's near my office) with matching shoes that actually look super-comfy. The whole outfit was 40% off - score!! Merida, after all, abhors impractical and overpriced princess attire. My plan is, depending on the weather, to underdress her in a tank and shorts and pack her sneakers and a change of clothes. Something tells me she is never going to want to take off that dress.

4disneylovers

I think there are many factors. When we were there in August I know the little girls had to be sooo hot in their dresses. I had thought about the tutu idea. The PJs are the best. My daughter (when she was little)had a couple night gowns that were so fancy they would definitely have passed in the park. Whatever you do, if you allow a dress just make sure you have a change of clothes and you won't be upset if it gets torn or stained.

Gonegrrl

We went in March and purchased our Belle dress at the parks, the costumes in the park are way better quality than the ones at the Disney stores in your local mall. Not scratchy, nice materials. My DD wore hers 3 out of the 6 days we were there and never had an issue.
wdw201407253419875.jpeg

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
I found some adorable nightgowns that look like cute dresses on Amazon, only they're all made out of polyester, which bothers me a little as it isn't a natural, "breathing" fabric. We may give it a try anyway! Otherwise, I'll try to find a cute tutu that fits her (as most tend to "fall" from her waist), and that she can wear over her pants if she wants.
My daughter won't wear her princess dresses over a t-shirt or anything, so this option is not for her.
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
I found two adorable tutus for my daughter this morning, I think that wearing one of them over her pants + a tiara on her head will be perfect for meets and greets, while still convenient. ;)

Just to revisit this post-vacation: My daughter bought the Belle dress on location and found it to be quite comfortable to wear around all day for two days straight. That said, the OTHER dresses had really scratchy material. The Elsa in particular was horrible.

In general, the dresses in a Disney Store at the mall are made with much softer materials and are cheaper to boot. The ones in the parks are a little more elaborate, but stiff and cost $20 more o_O

kimberlymautz

I found some cute ideas of how to make a princess outfit on Pinterest without it being an actual princess dress. Our local Target actually had some cute dresses, Minnie, Snow White, Elsa, etc, that were normal cotton dresses just with a design to make them look like the princess dresses. I got my daughter the Minnie one for our next trip. :)

dadddio

I found some cute ideas of how to make a princess outfit on Pinterest without it being an actual princess dress. Our local Target actually had some cute dresses, Minnie, Snow White, Elsa, etc, that were normal cotton dresses just with a design to make them look like the princess dresses. I got my daughter the Minnie one for our next trip. :)
I'll need to make a trip to Target to see if they have any of those left. How long ago did you see them?

jensenmom72

I found some adorable nightgowns that look like cute dresses on Amazon, only they're all made out of polyester, which bothers me a little as it isn't a natural, "breathing" fabric. We may give it a try anyway! Otherwise, I'll try to find a cute tutu that fits her (as most tend to "fall" from her waist), and that she can wear over her pants if she wants.
My daughter won't wear her princess dresses over a t-shirt or anything, so this option is not for her.
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Have you tried making a tu-tu? My 5dd wanted to be snow white for halloween. I had made a costume for herr older sister before so she was going to wear it. On a hunch I had here try it on 3 days before halloween and it was too small :( so I looked on pintrest and found a elsa frozen costume by painting the top part of a costume on a t-shirt and making a tu-tu by cutting strips of tulle and knotting all around a covered wide elastic band. you could personalize the size. she wore leggings underneath then but I'll have her wear bicycle shorts when we go this summer

Hawkeyegirl

I had my daughter wear a lot of custom dresses- that had a princess embroidered on or on the fabric. So they were comfortable for her to wear around. The day we did BBB she wore her princess dress for half day, then we had a backup dress to change into. It would get hot on most days to be in those big costumes..

On latest trip niece wore Elsa Dress. I brought the Anna Coronation Dress & Sally Dress too but she didn't wear either of them. She was just Elsa all week long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom