Ohana

Mother of 5

Original Poster
We have been to most of the character breakfasts except ohanas can anyone give me any Of their opinions on food and characters

NYwdwfan

We have been to most of the character breakfasts except ohanas can anyone give me any Of their opinions on food and characters

There's nothing more gluttonous than sitting at your table and having bacon, sausage, eggs, etc. placed down in front of you and not even having to get up. (Translation: I loved it.) When we went I believe it was Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. It's been ages though so the characters may have changed.

NYwdwfan

Characters and food are the same! It's fun to do and we usually have breakfast every year there...

I think I'm going to need to see if it's available. We usually eat breakfast in the room (aside from Hollywood & Vine on the day we want Jedi Training) but I remember that O'Hana breakfast - we were staying at Poly, it was our first trip with the kids, we were with my parents and my sisters family and it was one of our last days and we were exhausted. Not even having to get up was one of the greatest things to me at the time. I also remember some amazing pineapple guava juice or something that I couldn't get enough of. That and coffee.

MickeyMomV

:)This is a fun character dining experience because not only do the characters come to your table they also do a parade with the kids through the whole restaurant like ever 30-45 minutes where the kids get noise makers and get to dance. It's a pretty cool thing! Both my son and his cousins have loved doing this. It definitely makes this experience stand out compared to just the characters coming to the table which is nice too don't get me wrong.

ginadee

I did this for the first time last trip. I loved it. I loved the way it was kinda buffet at your table. The characters and food were great.

tlev

Slightly off subject...but do they still do the coconut races at night? We went for dinner in 2001 and it was so cute.

They did it in October, but did not do it while I dined there in March. I read somewhere that when the woman is the entertainer they do hula lessons and when the man is the entertainer they do coconut races. This makes sense because when we ate there October 2012 there were hula lessons.

PAW PAW 70

Been there 5 years in a row for breakfast, best in DISNEY. Everything has been the same food and characters going there this year. When you leave you and your kids will have had a great time. ( also you will be a little heavier ). Have fun!!!

Zortek

We were there this past Saturday and the same woman was entertaining that has been there as long as I can remember and there were coconut races. Must just be hit or miss.

PhilharMagician

The food is the same at any other all you can eat breakfast. It is scramble eggs, sausage, bacon and potatoes which is ok at best. I would rather have it hot, fresh and made to order. The food is served family style which is basically a buffet brought to your table. The characters are different since they have Lilo and Stitch which are not seen often along with Mickey and Pluto. Character interaction is good for the kids.

IMHO all you care to eat breakfast meals are not worth the money. We have done them all and when I see the $70.00 bill for my breakfast I just cringe considering we ate probably 5 dollars worth of food. At $13.00 per child and $23.00 per adult plus tip @ Ohana for the same food that is available in your resorts counter service location for $10.00 for a Adult Bounty platter and $5.00 for kids breakfast platter.

HouCuseChickie

We went back in 2011...and like any of these meals, things are going to vary...sometimes greatly.

For us, the characters were great, our server was awesome, but the food was downright awful. Our first platter came out and the eggs were undercooked (liquid slime consistency through much of it), the sausage was raw, the waffles could double as hockey pucks, and the potatoes were rock solid as well. We sent it back, but our replacement food was equally as bad.

I know plenty of people who have had similar experiences to ours and I know plenty of people who have had wonderful food experiences. I think it's just kind of luck of the draw with these things. Some days it's great and some days they forget how to cook. o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom