24hr southwest check in question

hrmom26

Original Poster
i booked myself and my daughter (19), son (16), together so first question when i do the 24hr check in on line (my phone is old it will not get the app) i assume i am doing the checking in for us all correct?? all at once
second question am i going to have to print anything out when i do the check in? my printer literally died this week (i'm going to disney monday ) i am not looking to buy an new one before vacation (got to save the $$$) and if i do have to print something is it something they will email me? this is so much better since i can go and open and print the email at a friends house or is it a pop up and print at the moment?

thanks!!!
heather

Nemo14

You'll be able to check everyone in at the same time. Your passes will show up then and you can print them if you choose to then. If not, you can print them at the airport. The important thing is to check in right at the 24 hour point - don't worry about the boarding passes.

hrmom26

Original Poster
thanks ,is it a choice they ask? print now or at the airport, or is that just known? lol i ask because i don't want to freak myself out if the passes pop up for me and i'm like oh no lol

Nemo14

No, it will pop up on your screen anyway whether you're printing them at home or not. Those will be the boarding numbers you'll get when you're checking in at the airport. Are you checking any bags?

hrmom26

Original Poster
yes one for each of us , i wonder if i can save the passes to a usb and print them at my neighbors later ...

4disneylovers

I would add...they mean 24 hours not 24 hours and 2 seconds. I wasn't sure when I did this in august and I sat there and just kept hitting the button until it said ok stopped telling me I was early. The closer to that 24 hour mark the better your boarding position. You will literally make a line by letter group and then in numerical order to board the plane.

Also, have a plan for checking in on your return flight. I did this from my phone but you indicated you cannot get the app. Can you use internet on your phone or do one of the kids have a phone that can get the app?

Nemo14

I would add...they mean 24 hours not 24 hours and 2 seconds. I wasn't sure when I did this in august and I sat there and just kept hitting the button until it said ok stopped telling me I was early. The closer to that 24 hour mark the better your boarding position. You will literally make a line by letter group and then in numerical order to board the plane.

Also, have a plan for checking in on your return flight. I did this from my phone but you indicated you cannot get the app. Can you use internet on your phone or do one of the kids have a phone that can get the app?

Good point - you can have anyone do it for you, but they will need your confirmation number.

hrmom26

Original Poster
my kids have better phones and will have their laptops with us also so one or the other should be able to do it
thanks so much!!

4disneylovers

I agree...it's quick. You have to wait in the line to check your bags so let them print the boarding passes out at the same time. Make sure one of the kids gets the app ahead of time. We set an alarm on our phone to remind us so that about five minutes before our 24 hour mark for the return trip we stepped off to the side and I got ready to check in.

I thought I did really good because I got like A16-A19. Little did I know that there were only 30 people on the flight. My daughter was in the bathroom and the flight was boarded. I had to tell the girl I would be right back I had to go get my daughter. She was so nice.

Then when we got all situated the flight attendant (He) told us to look next to us and if someone was sitting there ask them why since the plane was empty. :D didn't want to go home but he made us laugh.

hrmom26

Original Poster
is there a way for me to find out the seat configuration of the plane we will be on? like jetblue shows a seating chart i'm just wondering if its a plane that has 3 seats in a row side by side together

Rob562

Definitely don't worry about having to print the boarding pass when you first check in. pretty much all airlines let you re-print the boarding pass at the airport even if you've previously printed it at home. Printing it at home is just a convenience factor for those who won't be checking any bags and want to go straight to the security line when they get to the airport.

-Rob

anchorman314

One small detail to note. The last time I did online check-in for Southwest, I was checking in 4 travelers. I had all four confirmation numbers, but not the Southwest.com account of the person that booked the flights. Because I didn't have the account, I had to check in all 4 passengers separately. I'm assuming that if you use the online account, it checks everyone in at once.

hrmom26

Original Poster
One small detail to note. The last time I did online check-in for Southwest, I was checking in 4 travelers. I had all four confirmation numbers, but not the Southwest.com account of the person that booked the flights. Because I didn't have the account, I had to check in all 4 passengers separately. I'm assuming that if you use the online account, it checks everyone in at once.

thanks! i did not have a account i just created one :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Depends on how they were booked

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom