Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique hair length

4disneylovers

I am taking my daughter to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for the first time. It will also be her last opportunity because she will be 12 soon. She has longer hair (middle of back) right now but has been begging to get it cut. She wants to donate it to Locks of Love. However if she does this it will be pretty short. She has no idea we are going to Disney so I can't tell her so she can make her own decision. It is one of those surprise trips.

I am looking for advice from people that have been there about what hair length is best to have for the experience. I feel torn because her hair is thick and wavy/curly. I know she has to take a lot of time and conditioner combing it out after swimming and will be hot in August in Florida. I just don't want her to get there and be sad and say she wishes she didn't cut it.

Weather_Lady

They will find a way to work with any hair length, and their styling options even include clip-on hairpieces for short-haired girls who want a ponytail or other longer hairstyle -- I don't think it will be an issue or cause disappointment for your daughter. Kudos to her for committing to support a charitable cause at the age of 12! :)

Upvote 0

4disneylovers

Original Poster
So...I was hoping for a few more opinions but came up with this game plan. She is scheduled for BBB and then a different day later in the trip I scheduled her for a hair cut at Harmony Barber Shop. They noted it was for locks of love so it should be magical!

Upvote 0

gooftroop5

I was just getting ready to post about it not mattering about hair length for BBB and that they will work with you when I saw your last post. Absolutely perfect! What a MAGICAL experience for her! A huge pat on the back for your daughter being so thoughtful at such a young age and to a mom who has raised her to be such a caring young lady! :happy:

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We have been to BBB several times...while they will work with you, I can tell you that it also depends on what she wants. i.e. they have that menu of styles. The styles that involve extensions are usually OK with any length of hair; however, the bun is pretty much impossible if the child doesn't have some length to their hair as that uses all of the kid's natural hair.

Upvote 0

TheMouseFan

Is the menu of options at BBB posted anywhere that u know of? I picked our package level but didn't know what hair style choices there r.
From our June trip:
IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I am taking my daughter to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for the first time. It will also be her last opportunity because she will be 12 soon. She has longer hair (middle of back) right now but has been begging to get it cut. She wants to donate it to Locks of Love. However if she does this it will be pretty short. She has no idea we are going to Disney so I can't tell her so she can make her own decision. It is one of those surprise trips.

I am looking for advice from people that have been there about what hair length is best to have for the experience. I feel torn because her hair is thick and wavy/curly. I know she has to take a lot of time and conditioner combing it out after swimming and will be hot in August in Florida. I just don't want her to get there and be sad and say she wishes she didn't cut it.
Your daughter has a beautiful heart and obviously great parents!!! As others have said I Am sure they can work with her!!! Have a great time! Marie

Upvote 0

4disneylovers

Original Poster
I have been playing with how to post pictures and just figured this out. I thought I would show you the before and after pictures of my daughter getting her hair cut for locks of love. For some reason I can't get the before picture to post before the after picture, but you get the idea.

Upvote 0

Baldy

Kuddos to your daughter.
My daughter is just done with chemo so it melts my heart when I see kids like yours. Although my little one never had a wig (too young), I met kids who wore one and it truly helped them feel good.
Give your daughter a big hug for me.
Please give your daughter a big hug from me. Happy to hear she is done with chemo. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom