Staying onsite but never going in a Disney Park

Minthorne

Original Poster
Has this ever happened to you?

I'me heading down for 2 nights in OCT at BCV with a friend of mine - the reason it is a short trip is he is a teacher and is missing a Friday so we can go to Halloween Horror Nights at "that other resort". He's a huge horror fan so his wife is letting him go for the weekend (we had all gone down together last August).

Anyways, we are staying on points and figured on our off time having Stormalong Bay and the Boardwalk area would be fun.

We arrive early Friday AM and will do the pool in the afternoon then head with rental car to Horror Nights. Saturday we heading back there since have a 1 day/2 park pass for "that other resort" We both don't have any active WDW AP so heading in for F&W is just too much Epcot admission on Sat night. Since we leave on Sunday early evening buying a 1 park pass could work but on Sunday but I expect we will just do the pool again. So I'm going to WDW but not to any park. It seems weird!o_O

EOD K9

Not at all. My wife and I had a DCL trip planned for this previous March. My wife was just over the pregnancy sailing limit. Since we had a room and airfare booked anyways, we just added a few extra days for what would have been the cruise nights. We didn't need to hit the parks for five days and had a blast.

MMDVC

I think it sounds strange only because I can't imagine 2 guys at a pool or Universal not drinking alcohol and then "driving" a rental car. I am a mother so forgive my worrisome attitude... I always tell my children Any taxicab fair is cheaper than hiring a lawyer , etc.
Anyway have fun !!!

JasonDeyoung

I've done that before, quite a few do that actually. I went a long weekend in June. Went golfing, dtd few restaurants etc Lots to do on property without actually going to a park.

heatherkatheleen

The last couple times my parents went to stay in our home resort (OKW,) they didn't do the parks. My dad still says today how unexpected it was that they had such a great time just being in the resort, exploring Downtown Disney, etc. The most parks-centric thing they did was watching the MK fireworks from The California Grill @ The Contemporary, which was the perfect way to get their fill without actually going in. :)

Edit: forgot to add the name of the restaurant!

Minthorne

Original Poster
I think it sounds strange only because I can't imagine 2 guys at a pool or Universal not drinking alcohol and then "driving" a rental car. I am a mother so forgive my worrisome attitude... I always tell my children Any taxicab fair is cheaper than hiring a lawyer , etc.
Anyway have fun !!!

We shelled out serious coin to do the Arcane Insights tour at HHN which includes some backstage stuff at Universal. It'sa stuctured guided tour from 7pm for up to 6 hours. We are both into theater and like the craft of the stuff so while it might sound strange the point of the trip wasn't imbibing - nevertheless I respect and appreciate your concern!

R W B

I see nothing wrong with it. My fiancé and I have went down for a few weekend trips where we catch a Xmas/Halloween party on Thursday night and then stay Friday and Saturday and not go back to the parks, just explore the rest of the "world". Always a good time.

Rutt

We love staying at the AKL and not going to the parks. There's so much to do there, that we don't miss the parks. It's more relaxing to us and we still feel a world away from everything.
DW and I are doing this in January. We have a conference in downtown Orlando for four days so decided to take the week. We are staying at the AKL and not buying any park passes (at least that's the plan as of now). We are doing Chef Mickey's however, sans kids :jawdrop:

Much-Pixie-Dust

DW and I are doing this in January. We have a conference in downtown Orlando for four days so decided to take the week. We are staying at the AKL and not buying any park passes (at least that's the plan as of now). We are doing Chef Mickey's however, sans kids :jawdrop:
You will have so much fun!!!! Drink some jungle juice for me:joyfull:

epcotWSC

I could see myself doing it. If you need to use some points, then just go to WDW and use it as a week to relax rather than running around the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom