Sci-Fi Dine In or 50's Primetime

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Eaten at Sci-Fi twice and enjoyed it. Had breakfast during Star Wars weekend and the food was great (blue milk!). Also enjoyed a regular dinner there back in August and had a great Reubin sandwich. Never was interested in 50s mainly due to the menu - I don't have fond memories of the meatloaf and stuffed peppers my mom made. And she never served fried chicken, but we sure got bacon fried liver a lot - yuck. :hungover:

JillC LI

Haven't been to 50s because that type of interaction thing isn't for me, but Sci was a blast with the drive-in atmosphere and the food was very good. Nice shakes too included on the DDP if you have it.

wdwgreek

Good burgers and ambience at Sci-Fi, I love their milkshakes, and those film clips are so funny! Primetime was fun, I loved our sassy waitress but I wouldn't go again

Minnie 88

On our last trip we ate at both Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time. Both have great themes. We all enjoyed the food at the Sci Fi better than 50's Prime Time.

ExtinctJenn

Similar to you @Madhatter12, we had wondered the same. Two trips ago we finally got into SciFi and felt fairly "meh" about it. Don't get me wrong, it was a really neat concept and the food was pretty good but sitting in the dark, in a car where your family is ultimately separated, with lights so dim you can't really see the food and a repeating movie reel that resulted in seeing the same thing multiple times... it just wasn't a "yes let's totally do this again" experience for us.

We never could get an ADR at 50's Prime Time... until now. Our next trip in January we're eating lunch there and hoping based on feedback I've seen here that it's going to be a lot more enjoyable.

Depending on when your trip is I'd love to hear what your experience was, wherever you decided!

StarWarsGirl

SciFi used to be iffy, but has definitely gone up in quality recently. We ended up eating there twice last trip.

However, Prime Time has been consistently good over the years. Never had a bad meal there. I would go with Prime Time.

Epcot-Rules

This might not help you much but beside 50's, there is a full bar!!! The only one place in that park I could buy Miller Light!! We posted up one afternoon and drank some shots.

PMC0849

There isn't a substantial difference in the food quality at either if you ask me. I much preferred the Sci-Fi diner's atmosphere though.

Maelstrom Troll

I like them both for different reasons. I like the dark, outside feel of Sci-Fi and it was easier to get into than the 50s. The food was better than par but not by much IMO but I had a burger and beer and all was good. The server makes the 50s experience in my mind. We had one with good theming and we had a good time and my food was fairly good. The PBJ shake was pretty tasty too!

dupac

Well... I know some people think that 50's food is great, but it didn't do it for me. For me it was hard to eat roast and not think of my Nana's superior Sunday roast, or eat fried chicken and not think of my great-aunt's version (I'm hungry now). While the atmosphere was fun, I was disappointed by the food.

I haven't been to Sci-fi recently enough to give an opinion about the food, but I prefer the atmosphere over 50's

MaryJaneP

Food only, slight edge to 50's. Atmosphere only, big edge to Sci-Fi. Both food and atmosphere, slight edge to Sci-Fi. IMHO.

awheartsdw

I say 50's. The atmosphere is fun and the interaction is a trip. As someone who did not grow up in that era, it was a great chance to be immersed in the Disney time warp. Granted, the same could be said for Sci-Fi, but there was something about 50's that made me feel like I was living though an episode of Leave it to Beaver or I Love Lucy. While our meal was really good at Sci-Fi, what I didn't like was that our family could not sit together at one table. We are a family of 3, so my daughter ate her dinner with me and then had her dessert with my DH. I would prefer to eat together-to be able to talk, engage, have dinner as a family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom