What is the Future of Grinchmas?

champdisney

Original Poster
What's up everyone! I'm currently booking a holiday stay at Universal Orlando for December and had an interesting thought that I thought was realistic. With Universal heavily focused on the Harry Potter franchise with Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, don't you think Universal will any year from now axe Grinchmas in favor of a Wizard Holiday layover that can be celebrated in both parks?

DisneyDaver

What's up everyone! I'm currently booking a holiday stay at Universal Orlando for December and had an interesting thought that I thought was realistic. With Universal heavily focused on the Harry Potter franchise with Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, don't you think Universal will any year from now axe Grinchmas in favor of a Wizard Holiday layover that can be celebrated in both parks?

I don't think Universal would do that because if there was any tie-in to Harry Potter, I suspect Universal would need the approval of Rowling.

champdisney

Original Poster
I don't think Universal would do that because if there was any tie-in to Harry Potter, I suspect Universal would need the approval of Rowling.
I'm sure she would approve either way being that she always included the holidays in her books. Thanks for your feedback anyways, much appreciated!

Mike C

Grinchmas isn't going anywhere based on what Audrey Geisel (Widow of Dr. Suess) and Mannheim steamroller have come up with dealing with Universal. It's a Christmas classic at this point and very well done. They may add other stuff in the parks, but this one won't go away, although they may change it up from time to time.

champdisney

Original Poster
there isn't much of a holiday layover in WWoHP now, why would it change?
Okay, let me clarify why I even thought of the possiblity of a Wizarding World holiday layover. At the Diagon Alley grand opening, Universal's Creative of Delevopment, Mike Aiello stated in an interview that he and his crew have created a few Potter-esque Christmas Carrols for Diagon Alley street performers. That one little piece of information really got me thinking of that possibilty...

JT3000

While I'd appreciate additional holiday festivities in other parts of the park(s), there's no reason to discontinue Grinchmas. It's easily the most natural tie-in possible. I don't think of Christmas when someone mentions Harry Potter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom