Sci-Fi Dine In or 50's Primetime

Madhatter12

Original Poster
Hello!
In your opinion regarding food which is better sci-fi dine in or 50's prime time? We have never been to either and both look good. Looking for some feed back before we make a decision on where to dine!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Both are great in their own right!! Me and DH love Sci Fi. I love getting the pasta with shrimp and the appetizers and deserts, and shakes are delicious! Atmosphere is something you want to experience at least once and the same for 50's too. We usually tRy to go to one or the other each trip. Just depends what kind of food etc appeals to you at each. For Italian at HS we love Mama Melrose (since menu change over a year ago).
I really don't think you will go wrong between the 2 of them. :)

JIMINYCR

I think 50's has better choices if you are looking at more home style type meals. The servers can make the visit more memorable if they are really into playing the role on your visit. I also like Sci Fi, the food is good but not quite the same quality as 50's, atmosphere is neat but watching the same old film on several visits over the years gets old. 50's gets my nod.

SpaceMountain75

I went to Sci Fi for the first time this year after doing years of 50's. I was totally blown away by Sci Fi, from the ambiance to the food, it was a great time. I would highly recommend it!

Tom 55

My vote is that the 50's is better than Sci Fi. Only went to Sci Fi once but have been to 50"s a number of times.

Thumper14

50's has the best food, and Sci-Fi has the best ambience.
We went to both for the first time in April.
I now have ADRs for both on our next trip in Nov.
My hubby and I are DLR fans and were worried about our food options at WDW.
One of our rituals at DLR is to go to the Plaza Inn after the fireworks and split a fried chicken dinner sitting outside watching the crowds leaving the park.
We were hoping Aunt Liz's Fried Chicken at 50's would have a similar affect, it was BETTER!
When we went to Sci-Fi the next night, I could not get my husband to leave.
He was fascinated by the movie reels and decor.
Disneyland has better food, but Disneyworld has better dining experiences.
50's Primetime Café and the Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater are 2 of the best!
They are now on our must do list!

Bonus 2nd trip, just 3 days to do 4 parks!  

dreamfinder

Both are worth doing, but I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to either at home if I had other choices. 50's is more home cooked food meatloaf, stuffed peppers, etc, which sci-fi is more drive in type food, burgers and the like. Either location is as as much about the ambiance as anything else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom