is it possible to take 4-6 days off from work at disney while in the program?

thomas cirrincione

Original Poster
i have an event that will be during the week im there (if i get excepted, praying that i do ). the event starts the 1st day of spring break and goes from the 27th-29th in miami that me and a few friends are going to. we would all like to stay there 2-3 days after the event ends to hangout in miami for spring break. is there any possible way (asking people who have already participated in the DCP) that i could take 4-6 days off? i heard things that i could request time off and also could get shifts covered possibly but it seems to differ with programs. someone PLEASE HELP!

thomas cirrincione

Original Poster
Thank you ajh219 for the helpful info and hopefully i can get the time off. Do you think if my leader approves 4 days off i could get the other two days covered by a co-worker?
And hakunamatata if you never worked there why are you commenting on this post...

IowaHawks7

The moment you get access to the hub request it off. I did the program in spring 2014 and was able to take 4 days off once for my family to come down. So it just depends.

Journey_On

If your work location has a Facebook group, I would definitely look into that and join because they commonly use them for shift give-aways/trades/pick ups. I hope it all works out!

thomas cirrincione

Original Poster
Sehsun, i applied for the next semester which would be spring 2015 and they said they will get back to me the latest November 17th When they get back to me do they let me know then what my work location will be if im accepted or do they tell me that after the 2 interviews after that?

Journey_On

Hello thomas! That is a good question. It's been a long time since I did the CP. :) I believe once you're accepted, you find out what role you will have (Attractions, Custodial, Entertainment, Quick-Service Food & Beverage, etc.). But it's once you actually head down to Orlando for the CP is when you find out your exact work location (what park/resort/merchandise location/attraction, etc.). Hope that helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom