Staying at POP and I'm concerned

SSH

Hint: if you forget and have a car, there's a walgreens right in the CrossRoads area, plus other stores nearby...a cute little 4-cup maker will run you $10-15, often less on sale and it's perfectly sized for the room's table. Don't forget the filters! When we stayed at our first value resort (movies), I walked in, saw no coffeemaker and made Walgreens the first "attraction" on our vacation agenda:) 15 years later our little guy is still going strong...he's the 1st item I pack whenever we go. Disney without caffeine? Madness.

SSH

Yup! It can be a hike to the food court every morning, though.

Plus, by the time you carry the mug back to your room, it's lukewarm or cold. Versus hot, fresh coffee (and refills) 3 feet from your bed - no shoes...no lines...no hike. Of course many people are perfectly fine waiting for coffee until they get dressed and go down for breakfast. They don't see the urgency. I am not one of those people. :hungover:

Halloweenhead

Plus, by the time you carry the mug back to your room, it's lukewarm or cold. Versus hot, fresh coffee (and refills) 3 feet from your bed - no shoes...no lines...no hike. Of course many people are perfectly fine waiting for coffee until they get dressed and go down for breakfast. They don't see the urgency. I am not one of those people. :hungover:

Haha! Im travelling from europe, I'm not sure I can justify a coffee machine in my 20kg luggage allowance.

PolynesianPrincess

I don't see why people think value resorts are less clean than moderates or deluxes. It's just absurd to think that. They ALL get mousekeeping, everyday, unless you ask otherwise. ANY room on Disney property has a chance to "not be clean", not just the values. I've seen PLENTY of reviews from moderates and deluxes where the room was atrocious. Besides, DVC doesn't get mousekeeping everyday, do they? I think I read that they only get cleaned up every 3rd day? Or maybe I imagined that.... either way, I think it's really lame that values get a bad rap for not being "clean".

Gig 'Em Mickey

Any recommendations for which block to stay in?

Depends on what you're looking for. We are always traveling with small children and we come back to the hotel in the afternoon so being close to a pool and the food court is good for us, plus the laundry With that we've always paid for a preferred room and in the 60's building in the "4" series rooms. Near the kiddie pool and the big pool. Easy walk to food court. I think the long walk argument is overdone though. Yeah it's a big resort, but the walk really isn't that bad from anywhere, with the 80's 90's possibly being an exception but still not that bad. We just like being close to the pool and in that main area so it's worth a little more to us.

rufio

Original Poster
I don't see why people think value resorts are less clean than moderates or deluxes. It's just absurd to think that. They ALL get mousekeeping, everyday, unless you ask otherwise. ANY room on Disney property has a chance to "not be clean", not just the values. I've seen PLENTY of reviews from moderates and deluxes where the room was atrocious. Besides, DVC doesn't get mousekeeping everyday, do they? I think I read that they only get cleaned up every 3rd day? Or maybe I imagined that.... either way, I think it's really lame that values get a bad rap for not being "clean".

Because, from my experience, they are... I don't know if I'm the only one who has experienced this or maybe DVC rooms are kept to a higher standard. You only get mouskeeping every 3rd day, but I've never need anything cleaned before that because everything was spotless when I got there. I went to pop with an open mind, but with poop on outside of the toilet bowl, as well as marks and hair on and in the sheets, I think I'm pretty justified in deciding not to stay there again.

totaldisneygirl

Hi!
I'm a deluxe kinda girl (always stay at the contemporary when I can) and when I go with people on a tighter budget, we stay at value resorts (usually all-stars) and they're always very very clean and very nicely themed. The only inconvenience is that they are bus resorts and depending on what building you're in the bus can be a walk. Also, they usually don't have restaurants to eat at but food courts instead which work great for breakfast because Disney Food is Disney Food! I've never, ever had an issue with them! Enjoy your stay! Can't wait to hear all bout it!

AndyS2992

Because, from my experience, they are... I don't know if I'm the only one who has experienced this or maybe DVC rooms are kept to a higher standard. You only get mouskeeping every 3rd day, but I've never need anything cleaned before that because everything was spotless when I got there. I went to pop with an open mind, but with poop on outside of the toilet bowl, as well as marks and hair on and in the sheets, I think I'm pretty justified in deciding not to stay there again.
Oh dear :hungover: Sorry to hear of your experience. I can honestly say I have never had anything like that happen while I've stayed at POP but yeah that's nasty. I hope you let the front desk know of the poor conditions. I can also confirm that mousekeeping does come in every day as she woke us up everything single morning :cautious: So I'm a bit concerned of how your room was not up to standard, which is disappointing to hear. :(

rufio

Original Poster
Oh dear :hungover: Sorry to hear of your experience. I can honestly say I have never had anything like that happen while I've stayed at POP but yeah that's nasty. I hope you let the front desk know of the poor conditions. I can also confirm that mousekeeping does come in every day as she woke us up everything single morning :cautious: So I'm a bit concerned of how your room was not up to standard, which is disappointing to hear. :(

They woke us up every morning too, but the sheets were only changed on the one day I asked (and those were all marked up too, but no hair). I didn't talk to the desk because my husband convinced me I was overreacting.

jlsHouston

They woke us up every morning too, but the sheets were only changed on the one day I asked (and those were all marked up too, but no hair). I didn't talk to the desk because my husband convinced me I was overreacting.

I knew you were going to be underwhelmed. I stayed at POP our first trip and we had a blast, but I can say having done a mod and then nothing but deluxe since...when I stayed again at CSR this past May for a few days I couldn't stop comparing how nappy the grounds and rooms were compared to the deluxes. I don't know if some of the people who were on property then were just not into putting trash into the cans or housekeeping is understaffed or what the deal was, but yes nothing was quite as "clean" nor as tidy as I like it to be.

You got a trip report started yet??

Todd H

Keep in mind that tour groups often stay at Pop so be warned.

We have stayed at Pop for two years in a row. First trip was awesome. Rooms were always clean and we found it much better than the other values. The last trip was a nightmare. Tour groups took the place over and it was awful. Trash everywhere. Noise all night long. When I complained the staff did absolutely nothing. In fact we haven't been back to WDW since. If we do we'll make sure to stay in a deluxe just to get away from the tour groups.

jlsHouston

Keep in mind that tour groups often stay at Pop so be warned.

We have stayed at Pop for two years in a row. First trip was awesome. Rooms were always clean and we found it much better than the other values. The last trip was a nightmare. Tour groups took the place over and it was awful. Trash everywhere. Noise all night long. When I complained the staff did absolutely nothing. In fact we haven't been back to WDW since. If we do we'll make sure to stay in a deluxe just to get away from the tour groups.

Similar to my experience at CSR this past May.....although not sure if it was tour groups or just the people staying on property same time as we were...

JasonDeyoung

I just stayed at Pop last week for the first time in 4 years. It was basically what I remembered. I normally stay at mods or a deluxe but all were full. Pop isn't a bad resort, you defiantly see the difference from resort types. The room was basic, bed (king) two night stands, desk and chairs dresser with a tv and small refrigerator. Bathroom wasn't huge by any means. Single sink Vs the normal double. No ceiling fan which isn't a huge deal. Was in the 80's building which is almost as far from the lobby as you can be but I didn't mind the walk at all. The room was cleaned every day and never had a dirty/housekeeping issue. The rooms are nothing special. The lobby I like a lot and the gift shop has mostly everything you'd need. The food court was different than I remembered with different options. It was decent as food courts go. The bus situation was never an issue, I never once had to wait more than 15 mins and I only had to stand once which was by choice. If the line was long there was two busses there it was pretty good. The rides to parks aren't horrible, MK was I think around 12 mins so nothing to cry about lol. I didn't use any of the pools so no comments there. Check in was a breeze, arrived at like 2pm and room was ready and no wait. I'd recommend it, it all goes to the "you get what you pay for". It is a value resort so, can't expect 5 diamond haha good time though no complaints

Last edited:

jlsHouston

Yah.. I haven't stayed value or mod enough to have a solid experience about the quality issues in those resorts versus deluxe, but definitely deluxe has great lobbies for kicking back in, more space in rooms/bathrooms, and most deluxes you have alternative modes of transport to different parks besides bus. Not to mention dining choices more abundant. Oh and the pools pretty elaborate. I feel like my May and my August trip this year I found the resorts just a tad more chaotic and with trash issues I don't remember from previous trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom