Disney's America Reboot

Matt7187

If I were rebooting Disney's America, I would focus on what Walt did best - the idealized aspect of America (Main Street, Frontierland, New Orleans Square, his ideas for Edison Square, even Tomorrowland IMO).

Making it purely historical just doesn't sell $100 tickets... edutainment is probably the best angle.

1. Main Street USA
  2. Liberty Square
  3. Frontierland (Wild West, Native Americans, Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, Lewis and Clark, Pocahontas)
  4. Folk Country (American folklore - Pecos Bill, Br'er Rabbit, Paul Bunyan, Tom Sawyer, Country Bears, Huck Finn)
  5. New Orleans (1850s-1880s New Orleans - possibly include Princess and the Frog. POTC and HM could both fit as well)
  6. Industria (innovators such as Edison, Ford, Whitney, Washington Carver, etc. Carousel of Progress is included as a retro look on innovation)
  7. American Waterfront (recreation of the Big Apple; includes Coney Island mini-land, gangster E-ticket, etc)
  8. Hollywoodland (basically 20s-50s Hollywood)
  9. Radiator Springs (small-town America - easy hook for the kids)
  10. Tomorrowland (a look at "the future that never was" - American sci-fi, essentially... potentially extended to superheroes, an American icon. Mix the best of Future World with a fantastical Buck Rogers-esque future. Horizons, Mission - SPACE, Time Racers, Spaceship Earth, Adventures Through Inner Space, Space Mountain, etc.)
You could include educational experiences within each land, but also include some IPs.
I like that, but it feels just like disneyland, but adding a few lands from DCA

mahnamahna101

I like that, but it feels just like disneyland, but adding a few lands from DCA
Well DCA took a lot of Disney's America into its design. It could always be reworked slightly, but I always found it odd Frontierland, Main Street, Hollywood, New Orleans Square and Liberty Square were left out of the Disney's America concept. Seem like no-brainers to include in Disney's version of Americana.

Plus, the original lands/attraction lineup sounds like a educational show/walkthrough type experience with 3-4 rides thrown in. Way too much like a historical version of AK.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Probably near Richmond.
Not a great location to be honest. Richmond is ehh at best and with 3 parks with 100 miles of the city, along with 3 water parks their is a ton of competition. This is not including the Possibility of Legoland making it way back to Virginia. While Competition would be great, their is a limit to how much successful competition their can be esp in an area where theme parks typically only stay open during the summer.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Maybe near Appomattox?
Now that is an idea.. Though I have feeling they will be very similar to Haymarket and king George (Both places Disney Approach). A big issue in Virginia is getting Citizens okay with large parks being build. King George tossed a park to the wayside, Fredericksburg pushed out a Water Park, Haymarket Pushed out Disney. The big cities will be your best option if you want Virginia.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Now that is an idea.. Though I have feeling they will be very similar to Haymarket and king George (Both places Disney Approach). A big issue in Virginia is getting Citizens okay with large parks being build. King George tossed a park to the wayside, Fredericksburg pushed out a Water Park, Haymarket Pushed out Disney. The big cities will be your best option if you want Virginia.
The issue is the dichotomy that is NOVA.

Virginia isn't where to build.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom