The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's data useage. Lots and lots of data.
Facebook, Youtube, Google, and whatever else teenagers do ....

None of us go through data that much anymore. iPhone is set up to grab wifi where ever you are at and you connect one, let say Target and then thereafter you automatically hook in. Oddly one of the few places that I ever go to that doesn't have free wifi is the Mega Mall in Northern IL and both Chicago airports.

Stupid mayor of Chicago years ago gave a long term contract to wire airport and then in return they were allowed to charge passengers a pile of money to hook up to wifi in the two airports. In these times it is a big black eye to have an international airport as big as Ohare that has price gouging wifi that works as badly as Disney's did, at least initially. What that malls problem is, beyond me.

Gabe1

That is never a goal of mine. I don't like to set myself up for failure.

We have power again! DD and I just left for the day. The next property over has had rehab construction workers there all week. Before I left I asked them if they were aware the power would be going out. They were not. Eeek.
At least I warned them if the owner did not.

As my DD and I were leaving the blind vet at the end of the road was yelling out on the sidewalk for someone to help him. I got out and asked him what he needed, he said his UVerse was down, his phone was not working and he couldn't get anything else to work in his house. Then I explained and back indoors he went. Letters of Notice to blind customers don't work so well.

Cesar R M

And, uno mas...

78140e709763096e4a579fa0a7094f7b.jpg

:)

OK, I'm out...
Have a happy, gang...!
See y'alllllll...!!! :)
tumblr_nakv53GTlf1s8mgkyo8_1280.jpg

totally clean! XD

bonus picture..
HQGgI9y.jpg

Sub Zero vs Elsa during Summer.

Gabe1

They start them young
th
My kids 20 somethings, DS had his first one at 14 years old, a pay as you go. My DD got her first one in 4th grade, so 9ish.

This weekend the lady and her about 1.5 year old baby in a high chair were sitting at a fast food table next to us waiting for her DH to bring the food. The baby was happy and trying to interact and exploitative as could be in a high chair.

Mom had zero interest in the kid. She had her cell phone on the table on its side playing some kid thing. When the kid tried to engage the Mom the Mom would just tap the cell on the table, more or less silently ordering the toddler to was the cell phone, kid had no desire. Mom just sat there staring into space.

OSUgirl77

My kids 20 somethings, DS had his first one at 14 years old, a pay as you go. My DD got her first one in 4th grade, so 9ish.

This weekend the lady and her about 1.5 year old baby in a high chair were sitting at a fast food table next to us waiting for her DH to bring the food. The baby was happy and trying to interact and exploitative as could be in a high chair.

Mom had zero interest in the kid. She had her cell phone on the table on its side playing some kid thing. When the kid tried to engage the Mom the Mom would just tap the cell on the table, more or less silently ordering the toddler to was the cell phone, kid had no desire. Mom just sat there staring into space.
That makes me so sad, but I see it all too often anymore. :(

Gabe1

It was 28 degrees out this morning (-2 for my international friends). Which is NOT what the weatherman called for and NOT what I really wanted to see - at least for another month or two! ;)
We had a light frost. I lost all my plants early last year, I'm hoping that doesn't repeat. I have Kale and purple cabbage in decorative pots that should last until December, last year not so much.

maybe its time to set them a fixed amount of Mb ? aka a cutoff.
That is actually a good idea, fixed Data, no overages allowed. But I would not want to be in the room with the boys when they first encounter being locked out of all data for the rest of the month.

That makes me so sad, but I see it all too often anymore. :(
I so agree. I would have loved to have had an iPad when my kids were small. It would have been a great distraction when needed, like in an airport/airplane etc or even strapped into a car seat in the back of the car.
They can be nice supplemental entertainment but very different than the hands on toys and books that were in the diaper-bag/backpack.

Gabe1

@Cesar R M I'm liking this photo. What a great sociology interpretation it would be. All but one guy is focused in on the blue blow up pool toy. Then the look on the three gals faces as they look at the blue pool toy. Nobody seems to have any interest in the gray pool toy, not even masked dude, who seems to have forgotten about the competition and appears to be hypnotized by his competitor.
HQGgI9y.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe1

With their provider, that option does not exist. It's data plus overage, or pay as you go.

Well time to change carriers if they offer that maximum and cut off in Canada. My kids had pay as you go through high school, unlimited text and phone. Data especially for my DS was not a real big thing almost a decade ago but when they went to data and smart phones, they paid their own cell.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We have power again! DD and I just left for the day. The next property over has had rehab construction workers there all week. Before I left I asked them if they were aware the power would be going out. They were not. Eeek.
At least I warned them if the owner did not.

As my DD and I were leaving the blind vet at the end of the road was yelling out on the sidewalk for someone to help him. I got out and asked him what he needed, he said his UVerse was down, his phone was not working and he couldn't get anything else to work in his house. Then I explained and back indoors he went. Letters of Notice to blind customers don't work so well.

I'm not familiar with hearing- or sight-impaired notification procedures, but I half wonder if people with certain disabilities can contact their major utilities, to inform them about communication options. For the sight-impaired, perhaps they could send an automated message to their telephone, for example. I feel bad for the vet, because he didn't get the message.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom